•Chapter Five•

Friday

Sorceress was running on top of apartments chasing a mugger in the streets below her. "I can run for hours bud. Just give up and we can chat." She says as she practically flies down the fire escape onto the thief's back. Giving the thief a few hits, she grabs him by the shoulders on the way to the police station. "After you return the victims belongings you stole and apologize, you get a reward! A trip to a fine spot all for you! A lot of clear space! Your jail cell! But don't worry it's free so you won't be needing the money you stole!" Her sarcasm became stronger by the sentence as she finds the victim and forces the criminal to return their belongings. After dropping him off in jail, Sorceress brushes her suit and goes into the city again to solve more crime.

She hears loud shouting coming from the 7-11 down the road. She walks through the side door and tries to see what the argument was about. "Open the register or" great another robbery, Delaney thought. "Why does everyone wanna rob people today?" She says out loud. "Who was that?" Before he could get closer she sends him flying in the air. The guy was persistent though, and gets up. Suddenly, a whoosh and a thwip fills the air and the guy is against the wall. Stuck in... a spider web?

Spider-Man. Of course. Sorceress never met him but now she had the opportunity. "Okay I'm going to call the police." "Hold still... oh wait" she says Spider-Man and turns around. "You know I had that handled." She slurps her drink and pours it on top of the criminal's head. "You need to chill out." The man rolls his eyes and says "I'd rather take jail instead of your stupid jokes." The walls were now coated with red and blue and the store is full of the sound of sirens. "Well now you can take it. Have fun," The cops come in and arrest the man as Sorceress comforts the cashier. She read her tag; Callie.

"Callie I'm so sorry you had to see that. A gun being waved at you is very scary. I can talk to your boss to give you a little while off. Is that okay?" Callie nods and gives Sorceress her boss's number as Spider-Man wanders in the store. Before the police leave, he finds the criminal's ID on the floor and gives it to them to identify the man. They drive away leaving Callie getting a ride home from her friend and Sorceress and Spider-Man. Adjusting her mask, Sorceress pulls up her bot WEDNESDAY, much like Tony's FRIDAY, and plots the easiest way home. Spider-Man taps her shoulder and hands her a slushie.

"I I thought you'd want another one. I'm Spi" "Spider-Man Yeah. You're Queens hero everyone in scho- I mean- everyone I know always talks about you. I'm Sorceress." She shakes his free hand and gladly takes the sugary, cool drink. "Yeah well now people are talking about you. You did great at that bank a while back." Her checks redden and takes a sip from her cup. "Thanks. Oh geez it's time for me to go back home. How about you walk with me?" Sure. Orrrrr we can fly?" She nods excited and finishes the last of her slushie. They exchange an awkward-okay-so-do-we-hold-hands-or-like-a-hug-or-something moment and decide that Spider-Man will hold onto her waist and she'll hold on by his neck. They fly up into the air from a web and soar through with another. Shouts and giggles fill the air through the star-filled sky.

She asks to get off a few blocks away from the mansion and says "Well, I'm kind of tired and want to finish a thing I'm working on before it gets too late. Thanks for dropping me off. Til we meet again?" Spider-Man shoots a web, ready to fly off into the night. "Absolutely. Goodnight Sorceress. It's great to know Queens gets another great hero." She smiles. A genuine smile. She waves as Spider-Man flies away into the city and quickly makes her way back home.

"Tony you will not believe the night I had. I busted a few kids vandalizing some house, caught a mugger, helped a lady cross the street, and stopped a robbery in a 7-11." She curves the corner to find him sitting with a few people in the living room. "Oh. Heh, sorry I didn't notice you were- hooooly shit. Sorry Black Widow. War Machine. I didn't know Tony was having people over." "Don't worry. We're just having a little get together," Tony says. The guests both smile and say hello to her as she walks over to the fridge. She grabs food to make a snack and looks at the clock to see it's ten. She takes her mask off as she goes to her room to change into some PJs. She writes in her hero journal and then puts on some music as she starts a new project.

Delaney is into making new tech and accessories for her suit

Delaney is into making new tech and accessories for her suit. Her new invention involves some computer parts and hot wiring along with an old pair of glasses. She reviews her blueprints and begins her work.

Two hours and another cup of tea later, she reaches a good stopping point and finds Tony to say goodnight. They chat for a little while before she goes to bed and he returns to his superhero friends. The moment she just her pillow, she falls straight to sleep. She had quite a day.