Drinking Party

The rest of the work week went as it usually did, but Haida and Retsuko pushed for Fenneko to talk with Okami more, as she really seemed to like him. The end of the week came quickly, and now it was a little bit before the drinking party. Haida and Retsuko decided to get ready together. "I hope this goes better than the last one." Retsuko said as she did some makeup. "I hardly even remember the last one to be completely honest." Haida said as he grabbed his base. "Oh, should I bring mine too?" Retsuko asked, smiling. Haida shrugged. "If you want. I'm bringing it just in case." Haida smiled. Retsuko shrugged as well. "I might as well leave it here, I don't want to mess it up." Retsuko grabbed her bag. "Ready to go?" She asked, and Haida nodded. "Sure am!"

"I really hope Fenneko is able to enjoy herself." Retsuko said, as they walked to the train station. "Yeah, I mean, Okami is going to sit with us. Maybe something will click?" Haida stretched as they walked and sighed. "Good point." Retsuko and Haida made it to the station and waited for the train to arrive. "I also hope that Ton doesn't give you a hard time." Haida muttered, sighing. "Don't worry about it Haida, everything will be fine." Retsuko was holding his hand, and she squeezed it, getting a smile from Haida. "I hope so." He said as they got on the train.

After a short ride, the couple walked into the bar where the drinking part was. The entire place was full of people from the accounting department, and across the way, was Okami and Fenneko. They were talking about what appeared to be something on their phones. "Wow, it looks like they already hit it off!" Haida said, smiling. "Yeah, sure does! Maybe we should leave them alone." Retsuko looked up at Haida. "Yeah, but is there any other seat open?" They looked around, and the only seat available was next to Ton and Kobia. "On second thought...let's just sit with them." Retsuko and Haida walked over and sat with Fenneko and Okami. "Oh, Hi guys!" Fenneko said, trying to be heard over the noisy room. "Hey, how are you two doing?" Haida asked, and Okami smiled. "Great! Fenneko has some good points about a lot of things I've been curious about." Right after that, the two of them kept talking. Haida smiled and Retsuko. "I'm glad it's going well." Retsuko said, and Haida agreed.

A little bit later, some more seats opened up, so Haida and Retsuko left Fenneko and Okami alone. They sat at a table and looked out into the bar where everyone was. "It looks like people are enjoying themselves." Haida said, taking a sip of his beer. "Yep!" Retsuko smiled. Suddenly, they saw Okami walk onto the stage. "Alright guys, it's time for the company wide Karaoke party!" Okami said, getting an applause from the people in the audience. "Who's up first?" Haida and Retsuko looked at eachother. "You should go up!" They both said at the same time. "Come on Retsuko, I bet everyone would love your music!" Haida said. "Well people would like your bass playing!" Retsuko smiled. "How about this, if you go up first, I'll go up after, deal?" Haida said, extending a hand. Retsuko sighed and shook it. "Deal."

Retsuko walked onto the stage, getting applause and also some surprised looks. Haida smiled and clapped as she walked onto the stage and grabbed a mic. "It's alright, nobody's going to remember this anyways. Just take a deep breath." Retsuko thought as she took a deep breath. She punched in her song number on the machine, and when it started, the applause seemed to have grown. Haida smiled as he watched Retsuko put the mic closer to her. "You've got this." He thought, and the music began.

"BROKEN DOWN AND CRYING HOLDING ONTO MY BRAIN! THAT'S HOW I WAS STUCK BEFORE I WAS MADE SANE! SOMEONE CAME INTO MY LIFE AND MADE IT OK! NOW I CAN FINALLY STAND UP AND FINALLY FACE THE DAY! METAL! WITH LOVE! METAL! WITH LOVE!" When she finished, the crowd erupted into applause. Retsuko looked across the way, and saw Haida blushing deeply while he clapeed. She walked off the stage and smiled at Haida. "How was that?" She asked. "I-It was great! Very nice." Haida blushed and smiled. "Well, are you ready now?" Retsuko asked. Haida had almost completely forgotten that he had to go. He really didn't want to, but a deals a deal. "Yeah, I guess so."

Haida walked onto the stage and pulled off his bass. He stood there as the audience clapped for him, then he started looking for a song. "Hmm, I don't want to do something super edgy like I usually do. Retsuko dedicated her song to me..but what do I do for her?" Haida came across a song that was a little old, but a song that he could play. He smiled and clicked on it, but changed the settings to where the bass part was muted. "This is a song people can dance to, and a song that Retusko might like...let's do it." The music started, and Haida began to play the bass part of "You Make My Dreams." by Daryl Hall.

"What I want, you got and it might be hard to handle. But like a flame that burns the candle, the candle feeds the flame. What i've got, full stocks of thought and dreams that scatter. You pull them all together. And How, I can't explain. Well well you, you make my dreams come true." as Haida sang and played, the people in the bar were dancing along, even Okami and Fenneko. Retsuko, however, was frozen in a blush and a smile. Haida blushed as he continued, actually enjoying himself.

After he finished, he walked over to Retsuko, who was still blushing. "Well, how was it?" He asked, putting his bass strap back on. Retsuko smiled. "It was great!" She hugged Haida, making Haida blush. "Well, I-I'm glad you liked it." Haida and Retsuko kissed, and when they did, Okami and Fenneko walked over. "Uhh, guys?" Fenneko said, making Haida and Retsuko break away. The two of them blushed a lot. "Oh, uhh, h-hey guys!" Retsuko said. Haida was red, but he waved. "So, do you two have plans tomorrow?" Okami asked. "Uhh, I don't think so." Haida replied. "Well, we were wondering if you guys wanted to go to lunch tomorrow with Okami and I?" Fenneko asked. Retsuko smiled. "Sure! You coming Haida?" Haida smiled. "Yeah, sounds fun!" Okami and Fenneko smiled, walking away.

After the party, Haida and Retsuko went to the station together, talking along the way. "I'm really happy Fenneko and Okami hit it off. Lunch should be good tomorrow!" Retsuko smiled, as did Haida. "I can't wait." Haida replied. When they arrived at the station, they looked at eachother. "Can I tell you something Haida?" Retsuko asked, smiling. "Yeah, what's up?" Haida smiled back. "I'm really glad you asked me out. I've enjoyed every moment with you." Haida blushed a lot, and smiled. "T-Thanks, I've enjoyed everything t-too." Retsuko smiled, and kissed Haida, This time, the kiss got a little more...intimate. They held it for a long time, to the point to where you could call it an intense make out. They didn't stop until the train pulled up, pulling off and breathing heavily. "I-I'll see you tomorrow!" Retsuko got on the train, and it pulled off. Haida panted and blushed, smiling. "I really do love her."