Chapter 24

Emilio's POV:

As soon as those three words left my mouth, her head snapped towards my direction. Her eyes were wide open, and her jaw slightly dropped.

I wasn't supposed to say this now.

I'm leaving in just a few weeks, I can't get even more attached than I already am.

But it's true, I do love her. It's just that.. I don't know.

"W-What?" She asks, clearing her throat, "Did you just.."

"I..uh.." I stutter.

Goddammit Emilio not the time.

"Guess what?" She asks, her face bright and her eyes showing no other emotion than excitement, "I love you too."

UHM.

DID I HEAR THAT RIGHT?

Someone tell me if I'm hallucinating or not.

Because if I'm not.

My reaction was pretty much the same, except this time we were both grinning like five year olds.

I'm literally fangirling.

Yes, last time I checked they told me that my gender was male.

At least that's what my mom said.

Okay moving on.

"Really..?" God you awkward piece of potato.

All she did was nod and look down, smiling while blushing. Her cheeks were a deep shade of scarlet, even visible in the dark.

Luna's POV:

Can someone literally pinch me right now.

Because if this is a dream I'm gonna be mad at myself forever.

Someone punch me.

I'm not-

What's happening.

I get snapped out of my thoughts once Emilio places his hand over mine. I look up at him and meet his gaze, his piercing blue eyes looking straight into mine.

A different emotion flashed into his eyes, but I couldn't tell what it was. It was something I've never seen before.

I feel like according to his mood, his eyes change their shade. For example now, they're really bright. But the other day at the hospital when Bryan was there, they were really dull, and just really upset.

"I think we should go back," I say looking down once again, "It's already dark."

"I need to ask you something first," Emilio says and I nod, gesturing him to go on, "Why are you scared?"

"Scared? I'm not scared, I'm just saying that it's night time and we need to leave-"

"Not what I meant, Cupcake,"

I look up and give him a questioning look, raising an eyebrow.

"Why are you scared for us leaving to university?"

Crap, he noticed didn't he?

"Um.. I'm not- I'm not scared about anything.." Yea Luna you're a great liar.

He gives me the come on look. I sigh, wanting to tell him but hesitating terribly.

"Emilio I- look, I'm just scared that.. that you guys won't be visiting me much. That you'd actually kinda.. forget. And Mom will be always there, and you know how she is. This the first time I'll admit it to you, but I'm scared of my own Mom. She can do anything.. she will do anything to me,"