~Chapter 2~

THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING TO ME!!

How could he possibly be here? He hadn't noticed me yet because he was still searching for something in his bag he mumbled a sorry and went a head. Not even given me a glance. How rude!

But was it really him? Or maybe he could be HIS look alike?  But how can I not recognise him? He was in fact my high school crush! Yes him, Adam Black. The mystery guy of our school who lived with his grandparents and no one knew where his parents were. The story the people of our town made up was his father is a leader of some mafia but I don't believe them and also I never had the courage to go up and ask him.

I never saw him at any town festivals that I was dragged to by my parents and at school he had no friends at all (just like me) . All he used to do was complete his assignments and read books at the library and all I used to do in my free time was look at him from a far.

I thought getting to know him might bring too much drama in my life and mess my peaceful life which I never wanted to because that would affect my studies. So I used to just look at him and smile. Although he was a mysterious boy but he was a hot one, maybe in his free time he used to workout, because he sure looked like he had a great physique. Maybe he is here in New York to try out for modelling, I'm sure he'll get in one.

That's when I realised HE IS IN NEW YORK! My high school crush here in the same city as I am, although I should be feeling happy about it but I don't know why I feel like I wanted to leave everything in that town and start completely new and fresh here but him being in the same city as I am meant there was a chance I would bump into him one day and he would finally look up at me and I would go back to being the girl I was in town. I don't want to be her. I want to be a city girl. For now I'll just pray that we never again cross paths ever. I'm done with my high school and my high school crush. Chapter closed. 

This is a new chapter and it's going to be full of happy adventures and memories. I'm going to make friends and have fun. That's it. 

I huff, standing in the middle of the airport.I looked around to see if I could get any help with my bags. After about 5 minutes of wishing I could just say "Leviosa" and the bags would fly behind me. Later I finally accepted the harsh truth that's not gonna happen anytime soon so I start to pick them up and walk out of the airport.

Once outside, I get into the cab and give him my address. I decided not to take one of those in campus dormitories instead get my apartment on rent. Since moving to New York had been my wish from the 5th grade, I had started saving up for it. I told ya, I was obsessed!

The cab started off and now the huge tall buildings which I had seen only on television were standing on both sides of the road and they were so tall I couldn't see the end of it. The sun was about to set and people were rushing out of their offices. I knew I looked like a little kid at Disney land for the first time, but I didn't care because this was no less than the Disney land for me. I was grinning ear to ear by now and the thought of bumping into Adam at the airport was completely at the back of my mind. 

I just wanted to take in every sight of this beautiful city, like there is no tomorrow. 

"Ow!" My face bumped into the front seat abruptly. The cab driver looked back and began apologising, "I'm so sorry ma'am, Are you alright? The car at the front stopped at a sudden." 

I rubbed my forehead, "It's okay sir, not your mistake. Don't worry about me I'm fine." he smiled and started to drive. He looked twice in the mirror and smiled, I awkwardly smiled back. He was a guy in his early 30's probably. I decided to continue enjoying my sight seeing, until he spoke " You seem to be new here? NYU?" 

Okay Tbh, if I said yes that would be too much information for a stranger. So instead I the smart headed replied, "No! I've lived here all my life, I just came back from my trip to South Asia." (south asia? really?) 

He chuckled, as if he knew I was lying but I think he got the message that I don't want to reveal my personal information so he smiled and kept his mouth zipped the whole ride. 

**************************************

Wassup lovelies! I know this was a really short chapter but I'll make it up to you guys by updating more frequently the coming week plus I've started working on another book too which is a short story. Do check that one out too.
Constructive criticism is always appreciated!
Hoping to hear from you guys in the comments section and do not forget to vote and share! Your support is all I need!

Xx,
@psych.kaur