Chapter 1

Walking out at night is a bad idea

Walking out at night is a bad idea. At least, that's what I thought at first. A person could kidnap you, rape you, rob you, or worse, kill you. And this does happen. Though, my experience was way beyond expected. Do you get it? No? Ok. I'll tell you what I mean.

-

"Can you return this to Mrs. Kim tomorrow? I wanted to give this to her but, she went home early", My best friend, Kang Hyuna pleaded.

"I'll try. You should go home, it's already ten", I said as I took the folder

I'm a college student/ the teacher's assistant. You could say that I live a pretty decent life or in other words, normal. I work a part-time job at McDonalds where you basically get paid 30 dollars per hour (A/N: I know, it's supposed to be won but I'm too lazy to count. I also don't know how much McDonald's would pay their workers 😂).

"You should too" She said and I smiled.

I walked out of my campus and walked home. My apartment is just a few kilometers from here. Yes, I don't live with my family because their house is kind of far from here.

If you ask me, the walk is pretty scary. It's dark, slippery, and filled with rats and trashcans. Plus, now there's a person behind me. I don't really know if it's a guy or not so, I'll call it, it. It was wearing a black hoodie, black joggers, and black mask.

I took a peek behind only to see him staring at me. Yes, it's a him. From the eyes to the hair, it's definitely a he. It's not good news though so, I walked a little faster.

Literally when I walked fast, he followed. Is this guy a spy or something? What if he's trying to rob me? I walked really fast and he followed. What does this guy want?

I decided not to look back and focus on my walk. This guy is really scaring me. But just when I could run away, I felt a cold feeling grabbing my wrist. I looked and it was him. What is he doing?

I tried to shake the grip off but it wouldn't work. Man, this guy works out. He sure does and now he's about to kidnap me.

"Don't!" I said as I hid my face with my hair.

This guy is literally driving me crazy. What does he want? Money? I can give him money if he just let go!

"You." He stealthily said.

His voice was like a deep ocean yet a calming breeze by the sea. It felt like a soothing lullaby that I heard for the first time. The sincerity was just there.

"Me?" I slowly looked at him.

His begging eyes, but expressionless face. His hands didn't move from my wrist and I immediate froze from shaking it off because of those eyes.

"Yeah, you." Though, his voice was somewhat understandable and not because he was wearing that mask.

"Teach me... help me... this world is already mean to me." And yet, his sincere and calm voice turned to a begging, pitiful kind of voice.