Chapter 72

Josh's POV.

"Ready for this?" Jen asks.

"Yeah, yeah I guess," I adjust my tie for what seems like the hundredth time. It's so damn hot in her dorm with this suit on but I couldn't care less.

"I think you better go then." I tell her.

"I probably should. Good luck and don't screw this up."

"Well thanks." she gives me a playful grin before leaving me alone with my thoughts. This is actually happening. I'm seeing Emma today. I can't seem to stop myself from smiling.

Mickey managed to find Skylar and grab a pair of her keys so I could slip into their dorm room.

She should be here in a half hour so I decide to sit on her bed. I can't calm myself down. My knees keep shaking and I keep playing with my hands. My eyes dart around the room and I'm able to locate her laptop.

At a closer inspection I notice that it's covered with pictures. Scattered along the edges are pictures of her and Mickey as well as her family. A bunch of band logos are on there as well. I scoot closer to the laptop when I see a familiar picture. It's the one the paps took when we were in the rain. It's then that I realize that we've never taken a proper picture with each other. That has to change.

I stand up because sitting down hasn't provided me any relief. I'm seeing her in twenty minutes. Even though I've talked to her daily, it feels like we've had no contact at all. I missed her so much. I missed everything about her. I wonder if she's changed. Foolish thinking since I haven't been gone for too long. What will she say when she sees me? What will she do? Will she have her hair in a bun and her glasses on? I love it when she wears her glasses. She doesn't wear them around me often because she thinks she looks ridiculous.

Ten minutes. I hope everything goes according to plan. Mickey and Connor better have everything ready. And Jen...well I just hope she doesn't set the place on fire. I look at myself in the mirror. My suit is black, with a white undershirt and a blue and white stripped tie. I hope she likes me in this because Jen insisted on me wearing it. And by insisted I mean forced. I ruffle my hair so that it doesn't look too done. What the hell is wrong with me? When did I ever care about my hair looking too "done."

Five minutes. I'm pacing around the room. What if something goes wrong? Mickey assured me that Emma will come straight to her room but what if she already has plans?

I take one last look at my phone before picking up the daises. It's 4pm on the dot. Crap where is she? I turn my back towards the door and look out the window.

"Stupid collar." it's choking me and this heat isn't doing me any favors.

Emma's POV.

"Hey are you coming back to the room?"

"No I'm going out with Trevor," Skylar smiles. She seems so happy when she's with him.

"Boo you're leaving me alone?" I groan.

"I'm sure you'll find something to do!" She gives me a quick hug before leaving.

I decide to walk around the campus for a little bit longer before making my way back to the dorms. I might as well kill some time since I have nothing to do.

Ever since the party, no one seems to talk to me anymore. I guess I shouldn't take it personally, or maybe I should.

Right as I'm about to get in the elevator I receive a text.

From Mickey: Surprise!;)

What?

To Mickey: What do you mean surprise?