Chapter 35

Mickey's POV.

"How do you think their date went?" I ask.

"They left pretty early, so I'm guessing not so well." Eli says laughing.

"Hey that's not funny!" I say kicking him.

"She's not ready to be dating. Especially a younger guy." he defends himself.

"I think she's ready. It's just you that's not ready for her to be with anyone."

"That may be the case."

This date has been perfect. Beyond perfect. And this restaurant is amazing. And Eli looks so hot. I love his outfit. I've always loved blue on him I don't know why. I've probably mentioned it to him before.

"I still can't get over you in that dress."

"I was just thinking the same thing, you know with your suit I mean." I say jokingly.

"Why haven't we done this before?" he asks changing the topic.

"Haven't done what?"

"Gone on a date?"

"Because we were both too stupid to realize how much we liked each other." I smile.

"I was the biggest idiot of them all!" he laughs.

"I'm so glad we did this." I reach over to grab his hand.

"Not more than I am." he says taking it.

"Have you realized how cheesy our relationship is?"

"Just the way I like it."

By this point I was blushing. I look around noticing how few were still at the restaurant. What time is it?

"It's 11:02." oops apparently I asked that out loud.

"Wow it feels like we just got here!"

"Time flies when you're having fun."

We decide to leave since it was getting late. Eli pays because apparently "a gentleman never lets a woman pay," and we make it into the car.

"Tonight was great." Eli pulls out of the parking lot.

"Couldn't agree more."

"Remind me to thank Emma when we get home." he says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because, without her, I would have never met you."

Connor's POV.

I wake up from a restless sleep. Apparently Josh had some girl over last night. They were not quiet. I doubt that they tried anything since I'm home. But I do know that she did sleep over.

I lay in bed thinking back on everything that happened last night. Things didn't exactly go how I planned, but at least I know where our relationship stands. Just friends. I can deal with that. As long as she's still in my life. Finally, everything will go back to normal.

Deciding to get up, I walk over to my dresser to grab my phone. Maybe I should invite Mickey and Emma over. I wasn't planning on doing anything today anyway. I quickly send the text before heading out for breakfast.

"Josh stop it!" are the first words I hear.

Josh and that girl are currently on the couch. Tickling each other. Gross.

"Can you keep it down people are trying to sleep!" I say.

Josh looks up and rolls his eyes.

"Connor it's 1pm and you're the only one in the house." and with that said he's back to tickling her.

Wow it's one already? I guess I slept in.

Emma's POV.

"Mickey we're going over to Connor's!" I shout from upstairs.

"Okay!" she immediately agrees. I hurriedly reply to his text telling him that we're on our way.

I immediately throw on an outfit and run down stairs.

"Let's go!" we say in unison.

In no time we pull into their driveway.

"We're here!" Mickey and I skip up to the house and ring the doorbell. An annoyed looking Connor opens the door.

"Connor? What's wrong?" I ask.

"You looked pissed off." Mickey says. I nudge her in the side.

"Come see for yourself."

We enter his house, which I'm now familiar with. What's up with him? As I approach the living room I can just make out Josh's face.

"Hey Josh-"

I stop dead in my tracks. There he is. With a blonde girl sitting on his lap. And they're full on making out. I feel like gagging as they sit their exchanging saliva. He seems to have heard me because he looks up.

"Hey." he says barely noticing me. By the time he let's out that one word, she's already pulling him back to his lips.

What the hell?

I spin around disgusted. And the look on Mickey's and Connor's faces tell me that they are too.

"Who the heck is she?!" I whisper-shout. Connor nods to his room and we follow him. I slam the door.

"Are you alright?" Mickey asks me.

"No! That was disgusting! They need to get a room! Who is she Connor?" I ask looking for an answer.

"I don't know. I came home last night and she was there. With him."

"Ew did she spend the night? Oh my god do you know her?" I push him for more answers.

"I've never seen her in my life."

"Do you think she's a-you know, prostitute?" Mickey asks. I spin around to look at her.

"No.. He wouldnt would he? He couldn't possibly! He's Josh Hutcherson there's no way! Why would he do that it doesn't make-"

"Emma calm down! Why do you even care so much?" Connor asks.

"Of course I care! He is my idol! I mean was. And he just straight up acted like he didn't care if I was there. I guess I don't know him after all." I sigh. I try to push back old memories that keep resurfacing since I saw them kissing.

"Emma, are you okay? You're shaking."

Apparently I am. They help me onto the bed, and they sit next me.

"Evan?" Mickey asks.

I nod.

"Who's Evan?" Connor asks.

"Her ex." she replies.

"Why is she so freaked out? Is she okay?"

"It's a long story." she responds.

"I've got nothing but time. What happened Em?" he presses for information.

Mickey raises her eyebrow. But I think he deserves to know. I manage to calm myself down and begin to tell the story.

(The next chapter will reveal the whole Evan thing. Please vote and comment ily <3)