Chapter 32

Emma's POV.

I wake up surprisingly early. It's 8am. Probably because I'm so nervous about tonight. But who can blame me right?

I roll over to check my phone for any new messages. And there's one from Connor.

Connor: Wow really? I'm so happy that you said yes. So I'll pick you up around 7pm. The dress code is formal. See you later!

Great. Formal. I have nothing to wear! Ugh. I guess this means Mickey and I have to go shopping. I suddenly realize that Mickey is not here. Why does she always disappear?

I decide to get up and look for her. She's probably in the kitchen eating. The girl loves food. I make my way down stairs only to smell bacon. Yum.

"Mickey?" I call out.

"Emma?"

"Oh hey mom. Mickey isn't down here?" I round the corner of the kitchen. Everyone is awake apparently. But the only two that are missing are Eli and Mickey... Interesting.

"No I thought she was with you?"

"She's probably in the bathroom."

"Alright.. Walter can you wake up Eli? Call him down for breakfast."

"Yeah." dad says.

"Wait don't! I mean I can go wake him up I was going upstairs anyways."

"Alright?" he gives me a weird look. That was a close one.

I run upstairs and approach his room. Please don't be in there, please don't be in there.

I turn the door nob and there I find them. On the bed. In each others arms. It sends a shiver up my spine.

I've wanted them together for so long, but this is really...gross. So many emotions run through me all at once: sickness, confusion, and jealousy? Jealous that I could never have a relationship like that.

"Breakfast is ready!" mom screams from downstairs. And with that, I'm pulled out of my trance. I slowly approach the bed.

"WAKE UP!!!!!" I yell while jumping on the bed.

They spring away from each other and end up falling on the floor.

"You two were oddly close."

"What time is it?" Mickey asks with a blush rising to her cheeks.

"Somewhere between 8 to 8:30." I answer.

"So much for a few minutes." Eli smiles at Mickey.

"Okay before I vomit, breakfast is ready downstairs. Mickey we have to go shopping later."

"Sure thing."

I decide to help her up since I was the reason she fell. She gives a quick wink to Ei before we walk out of the room.

"Eww."

"Oh shut up."

"What happened last night? Actually I don't want to know. Don't answer that."

"Nothing happened geez calm down crazy. I thought you were the one who wanted us together in the first place."

"I know. I'm sorry. I really am happy for you." I sigh.

"If you're sure... are you okay?"

"Yeah yeah just nervous for tonight I guess."

"Don't be. Wanna eat breakfast then go straight to the mall?" Mickey asks.

"Yeah, sounds great." I say in a monotoned voice.

She gives me a questioning look before going off to eat. Wow I'm such a party pooper.

We make it to the mall two hours later.

"It's formal.. I'm thinking a long dress." I say.

"I'm thinking short.." Mickey says.

"Aren't you always?"

"Well exxxccccuuuseee me."

We are currently at Urban Outfitters. So far I found 3 possible dresses, while Mickey picked out 2. Deciding that we couldn't find anything else, we head over to the dressing rooms. I tried on a really loose red dress first. Hideous. It made me look like I was pregnant. Next I tried on a light blue sequence dress. Way too flashy.

"Emma I found the dress I'm going to wear!" Mickey yells over the dressing room door.

"Which one is it?!" I yell back.

"The black one!"

It's a short tight black dress with lace long sleeves.Very short and form fitting. Just as she wished. And she looks amazing in it. No surprise there. It always takes me forever to decide on what to wear because I think nothing looks right on me.

"Let me try on this one last dress before we leave!"

I slip on, regretfully, a short blush-colored dress. It's not as short as I predicted it to be, it falls just above my knees. The dress has flowers along the sides and a clenched waist. It's really pretty. On me? I'm not so sure.

"Come out, Em."

I fix the dress before walking out of the dressing room. Mickey sits in the waiting area, texting on her phone.

"So?" I ask.

She looks up and her jaw drops. Literally.

"Oh my god no way! That is gorgeous on you! This is it. This is the one. No questions asked." she says.

"You sure?" I ask.

"Positive! Now let's go pay!"

Oh how I hate shopping.