Chapter 50

Emma's POV.

"I would die to meet Jennifer Lawrence. She's amazing."

"Yeah she's really cool." Connor replies.

Josh is in his own little bubble as he stares blankly at his phone. He has been since he's read that text. I can't believe he'll be leaving so soon. I almost forgot that he was famous. Almost.

So much for this whole friend thing. He won't remember me when he leaves. Of course he won't. I'll just be another fan. The funny thing is that I still don't have his autograph or even a picture with him. I should probably ask him soon.

"Emma!"

"Huh what yeah?"

"You've been staring at your drink for the past three minutes. Are you okay?" Connor asks.

"I'm fine." I lie.

I can tell he doesn't believe me but he let's it go for now. I study Josh's face for any type of emotion, but I can't tell what he's thinking. He finally clicks his phone off and returns his gaze to us. I quickly look away.

"So what were you guys talking about?" he asks.

"Oh you mean before you two zoned out." Connor laughs.

"We were talking about Jennifer Lawrence." I recall.

"Ah Jen I can't wait to see her and the rest of the cast." Josh smiles.

A pang of jealously rushes through me. Wait... jealousy? Jennifer is beautiful. I admit that I was, and probably still am, a hard core Joshifer shipper. They would be perfect together.

I check my phone and it's a little after four. Wow time flies. I have six new messages but I decide to ignore them for now.

"It's getting pretty late." I say. Connor yawns in agreement.

"Yeah I guess it is." Josh adds.

I try to convince Connor into getting Alex's number before we left but he chickens out.

"You'll regret it."

The cold air immediately hits me as we walk out the shop. I'm glad I wore this sweater. Sometimes I really hate LA's bipolar weather.

Josh and Connor walk me to my car and we say our goodbyes.

"I'll see you later yeah?" Connor asks.

I nod in agreement and give him a quick hug.

"Bye Josh." I say sincerely. This could be the last time in months that I see him. Who knows?

"Bye Emma." he surprises me by pulling me in for a hug, one that I longed for since last night. I can't help but pick up his scent. He smells like clouds and cotton candy.

"You smell really nice." I blurt out.

If there ever was an appropriate time to die, now would be the time.

"Thanks, you look really beautiful, Emma." he smiles making my knees weak.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yes really."

Connor clears his throat reminding us of his presence.

"Okay well bye guys!"

I quickly make my way into my car and rest my head on the steering wheel. This boy confuses me. I just can't see myself going back to the point where I was constantly watching his interviews. Now that I know him, I don't think I would be able to stay away. But there's nothing I can do about him leaving.