Chapter 25

Emma's POV.

Josh: Good morning Ems, I'll pick you up around 10ish? Is that fine?

Emma: Morning, yeah that's great! See you then!

I check my clock and it reads 9:30 am. I'm nervous about this whole arrangement. It still hasn't fully hit me that I'm actually going out with Josh Hutcherson. Well we aren't going out. I wouldn't even call this a date.

The house is empty, as usual, with the exception of Elijah and Mickey. I still can't believe that she kissed him. It was about time.

"What should I wear?" Mickey asks from across the room.

"Keep it simple! Nothing over the top since you guys will be staying here!" I respond.

I hurry to my closet looking for the perfect outfit. We're not going any where fancy since he said that we're gonna grab some coffee. But what if he knows a really fancy coffee shop? What if I'm under dressed or over dressed? Oh god.

In the end I decide on a long white sleeved shirt with dark blue jeans, a black leather jacket, and a multi colored scarf. To finish it off I throw my hair in a cute messy bun. I think this will be appropriate. I'm praying it will.

"Mickey! Come here!" she shuffles out from the bathroom. She wears an off white long sleeved shirt and cream colored pants. Perfect for a day in. I mean it's Mickey, she can pull off anything.

"What do you think?" I ask her while looking down at my outfit.

"It's perfect! Just lose the scarf."

"Good idea."

In the distance I hear a car pulling into our drive way and a few seconds later the door bell rings.

"That must be Josh holy shiz!"

"Em it's gonna be okay come on let's head down stairs."

Mickey takes my arm and we quickly walk down the steps. And to my horror, Eli stands their talking to Josh.

"She's really sensitive so you better-"

"Eli shut up!" I yell running to his side.

"We better go Josh before he starts talking again."

"It's really no big deal." Josh laughs.

"Just remember what I said." Eli says looking straight at Josh.

"I will." he replies.

"I'll see you guys later then!" I mouth to Mickey the words good luck before hurrying out the door.

"Ugh I'm sorry if he said anything offensive or rude." I say embarrassed.

"He didn't don't worry. You look really lovely by the way."

"Thanks you don't look so bad yourself."

He is wearing a plaid shirt with dark blue jeans. He also has on a black hat and glasses, so people wont recognize him I guess. I mentally sigh in relief. I'm not too dressed up.

Josh opens the car door for me and I take a seat. He's in the drivers seat in a flash.

"So where are we heading off to?" I ask.

"I heard from a little birdie that you like Starbucks."

"Well I guess that little birdie was right."

"Starbucks it is then." he starts up the engine and we head off.

Mickey's POV.

"Hey."