Chapter 62

Josh's POV.

"Hey babe it's Josh, well obviously. Have a wonderful first day, try not to get too stressed out. You'll do great. Oh and I'm taking you out after your classes..." I ramble on. Her voicemail is what I immediately receive when I call her. Her phone must be off.

Knowing her she's probably going crazy right now trying to organize her things and making it to class on time. That's why I need to take her out, to loosen help a bit, and I know the perfect way to do just that.

There's only two days left until I'm gone and I'm dreading it. I don't want to leave her here. But more importantly, I don't want to leave her alone with all of these guys, no matter how selfish that sounds. She's taken and I want everyone to know it.

Emma's POV.

"What's your first class?"

"Uh I think art with Mr.Ethan." Skylar says shuffling through her purse to find her schedule.

"Yup art!" she cheers.

I let out a huge sigh. I'm going to be alone in my first class. I don't know anyone else at this school and I'm not very good at making friends.

"What's yours?"

"Chemistry." I groan. I've never been so keen on chemicals and lab equipment.

I double check that I have everything and Skylar and I make our way outside.

"Well I wish you the best of luck today!" she hugs me tightly and walks away to join her friends.

"Great." I murmur underneath my breath. I've always heard that UCLA has a huge campus but I never believed it until now. How am I suppose to make my way around this school?

It takes me nearly fifteen minutes to find my first class, just minutes before the bell rings. The class is still empty so I get a few choices on where I get to sit. In the end, I choose a seat next to the door in case I have to sprint to my other classes.

"Okay everyone take a seat the bell should be ringing in three seconds." and so it does. A girl with piercing green eyes takes a seat next to me. Why is everyone at this school so pretty?

"Welcome! For some of you this is your first day at UCLA! It's intimidating but you'll get used to it." the professor begins to speak. My phone rings in my pocket almost giving me a heart attack. A few people laugh and give me dirty stares. The professor raises his eyebrow at me.

"Sorry." my cheeks redden immensely.

"What's your name?"

"Emma." I answer him. A hurried whisper spreads throughout the classroom. I don't have to hear what they're saying to know it's about Josh.

"Well class let Emma be the bad example that you all strive to avoid being." everyone laughs and I just want to shrivel up and die. This is not going to be fun.

Josh's POV.

I wait outside her dorm room at five in anticipation to see her. It hasn't been long but I've missed her so much. After going to the doctors today, they removed my nose brace. Maybe I'm just antsy to kiss her again. A second later, I see her walk through the hall. She stares at the floor the whole time. She looks exhausted.

"Em."

Her head shoots straight up and she gives me a puzzled look. She smiles and then comes running into my open arms.

"You're here and all fixed." she gently touches my nose.

"That I am." I take her books and bag to carry and she smiles at me gratefully. Her room looks settled in and everything is in place. I put her things near the desk.