Chapter 29

Connor's POV.

"Huh?"

"Emma wants you to text her." Josh states as if this is the most boring conversation in the world.

"How do you know?" I ask skeptically

"Connor, I just got of the phone with her."

"Alright then thanks." he nods then turns to walk away.

I pull out my phone to text her.

Connor: Hey Emma it's Connor.

Why has Josh been acting weird lately? Why was he talking on the phone with Emma? He promised me he would back off...

Emma: Hi Connor! How's it going?

Connor: Great now that I'm talking to you!

Josh wouldn't take any chances with her. He doesn't even know her. She doesn't know him. And he promised me that he wouldn't try anything. He said it himself, Emma might like me. Just might. But how can I turn that into her actually liking me?

Emma: Awe that's sweet. Ahh I'm so tired. My family just totally embarrassed me in front of Josh -__-

Of course. Her whole family thinks that she's in love with Josh, I mean she does idolize him. He was her 'obsession' I guess you could say. But that was the past right?

Suddenly, I realize what I must do.

I type out what I want to say and push the send button. I sit there waiting for a reply, thinking that I would immediately receive a text. But all I get is a blank screen.

Emma's POV.

Emma: Awe that's sweet. Ahh I'm so tired. My family just totally embarrassed me in front of Josh -__-

I set my phone down to change into my pajamas. Would you believe that it's already 10p.m? Not that late but it feels like it with the day I had. Lily was shocked to find out that I was friends with 'Peeta'. I didn't bother correcting her because she's just too darn cute.

I shuffle through my drawers and find my onesie and quickly throw it on. When I walk out of the bathroom, Mickey is already laying down.

"I'm so tired!" I yell diving onto the bed.

"Same we should go to sleep." she suggests.

Without another word, I turn the lights off. I'm about to doze off when I remember that I was texting Connor. I sigh and roll over to my nightstand picking my phone up. 1 new message.

Connor: Hey Em this is random and probably strange but would you like to go out with me? You know how I feel about you and I don't really know how you feel about me. But why don't we take a shot at this and just settle things once and for all?

I read over this message about five times until I let out a mangled scream into my pillow. Why would he ask me this right when things were starting to get back to normal? I silently turn the lights back on.

"Mickey.." I shake her awake to her dismay.

"What is it? What's wrong?" I guess by one look at my face she could read my emotions.

"Read this." I say handing her my phone. I watch as her eyes dart back and forth on the screen until she finally looks up.

"Oh boy." she mutters.

"You got that right. What am I suppose to say?" I ask looking at her for advice.

"Well the important question is.. Do you have feelings for him?"

"No well...maybe, I don't know. I haven't felt that way about anyone in a long time." I say confused.

"Maybe this will be a good thing. You can finally get your feelings straight. Find out if you do want to be more than friends." she starts.

"I guess but I'm so awkward with little things and this is kind of important. How am I suppose to manage this?" I'm so tired.

Mickey shakes her head. Clearly having no idea what to do or say. Well I guess there's no hope after all.

"Wait I know! Gosh I'm so brilliant!" she blurts out.

"What?"

"What if we go on a double date? You and Connor, me and Eli. To take the stress off you! It'll be fun!"

"I don't..." Maybe this would be a good idea. "It could work I guess." I quickly grab my phone to tell him that I agree but a double date sounds better. My thumb hovers over the send button.

"I haven't been on a date in so long.. I'm going to make a fool out of myself."

"Don't say that you're going to be fine I'll be with you the whole time don't you worry one bit."

"Thank you, Mickey." I pull her in for a hug and then finally find the courage to push send.