Chapter 20

Josh's POV.

I wake up to the sound of pots clattering. I hesitantly get out of bed to see what's going on. I don't feel well. At all. In fact I'm sweating like I have a really bad fever. Great that's the last thing I need. It must have been from the rain last night. But I honestly don't care if it meant Emma's safety, I couldn't let anything happen to her.

Lazily, I drag myself downstairs and towards the kitchen. As I approach I hear loud murmurs.

"Son of a bi-"

"Hey what's going on in here? You're going to wake up the whole house!" I edge in around the corner of the kitchen to see a strange sit.

Connor sits on the floor struggling to pick up all of the pots and pans he dropped. He looks up at me but quickly turns away when he sees that it's me. But I was able to catch a glimpse at him. He looks exhausted. It looks like he didn't get any sleep. There are bags underneath his eyes and he looks like he's been... crying?

"Oh, sorry. I guess I'm always screwing things up aren't I?" He stands up and wipes his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt.

I can't even look at him in the same way. What a coward.

"Whatever, just keep it down." I turn to walk away but his voice stops me.

"Josh, wait. Can I talk to you? I know you're pissed off and everything but just hear my side of the story?"

I weigh the options in my mind. Maybe I should let him "explain". I mean he's my brother and as much as I hate him right now, I can't stand to see him cry. I slowly edge my way back into the room and take a seat on the kitchen stool.

"I'm listening."

Mickey's POV.

I've been awake for two hours now. Why I always wake up so early, remains a mystery. As I scroll through my twitter feed on my phone, I notice that I have new followers. Josh and Connor found me on twitter I guess. I follow them back. Followed by their follows, are hundreds, maybe a thousand, new followers. Most of them are girls who I've never met before. And then realization hits me.

They must be fans of Josh.

I scroll further into my notifications and see a lot of messages for me.

@joshaddict: Who is this Mickayla girl and why is Josh following her?

@peetasloafer: Josh never comes on twitter and when he finally does, he decides to follow her?!

I laugh at how jealous, or should I say dedicated, his fans could get. I start to read more.

@bemypeeta: Who is this ugly piece of trash Josh is following?! What a slut.

@hutchermine: Mickayla, whoever you are, back off, you are just a worthless waste of space. Stay.Away.

I decide to leave a quick tweet.

Hello to all my new followers. Just wanted to say that your hateful comments aren't necessary. Feel free to unfollow me if you're gonna be a**holes. Later :)

I shove my phone away seeing as there were thousands of unread tweets like that. How can people be so insensitive? It obviously doesn't bother me because I know how defensive and insecure people can get. But what if I wasn't as strong as I am now? Comments like that could be really hurtful. The funny thing about it is that I haven't done anything wrong. They probably think I'm dating Josh. Hah! As if! Whatever haters are gonna hate I guess!