Chapter 9 - It's Not A Dream, Mom

Back at the Mini Garden, there are baskets full of freshly-picked Matsutake mushrooms, ready to be...

Well, devoured.

"I can see my basket is full already, and yet there are still so many standing around," Minako said astonished.

"This one... oh my God... I can use it for cooking a lot of things... Oh... this is any cook's dream, to pick a fresh ingredients in the wilderness..." Makoto, teary-eyed, picking up mushrooms.

"Mako-chan, are you alright?" Ami asked, concerned.

She wiped her tears, answerin, "No... I'm alright. It's just that..."

"Mako-chan. It's alright. We all never eaten one before," Ami smiled at Makoto.

"Guys, let's set-up some grill so we can eat some," Nobita shouted.

"Ouuu!" All of them shouted excitedly.

"By the way, Doraemon. This garden, and all these mushrooms, you can pick them any time you want?" Rei asked.

"We can pick them any time we want, all season long. This garden is set to the exact temperature and season when Matsutake is the best to harvest, so no matter where or when, we can pick them if we want to, as long as you maintain them daily," Doraemon answered.

"How lucky those people who live in 22nd century. They can have grilled Matsutake and Matsutake rice any time they want," Minako complained.

"Even if they do, ate them too much isn't a good thing, Minako-chan," Rei retaliated.

Minako pouted.

"Now, now. I'll set up a few things, if you excuse me," Doraemon reached into his pocket and take out two tables, a white tablecloth, a damp cloth, few plates and their chopsticks, and a shichirin (fire bowl) filled with charcoal topped with a cast iron cooking grate.

"Now, everyone. You may please sit down and enjoy yourselves! It's time for "Matsutake Mushroom Cooking" presentation!" Doraemon shouted as he hold up the Matsutake mushroom.

Others clapped wholeheartedly in excitement.

"Before we begin, who wants to be my assistant for the day?"

"Me! Me!" Makoto and Minako stood up shouting in excitement.

"Makoto and Minako, you're up!"

"Yaay!"

Makoto, Doraemon and Minako each holding a mushroom in their hands.

"If you wash Matsutake mushrooms too much, they lose some of their flavor. All you need to do is simply wipe them with a damp cloth," Doraemon as the three of them demonstrate how to clean the mushrooms.

"You don't need knifes to separate them. All you need to do is pull it apart with one sharp tug of your hands," Makoto added before pulling the mushrooms apart.

"Once separated, grill them like this for a few minutes before flipping it to the other side. You can do it over an open fire if you want," Minako concluded as she put the mushrooms on the grill.

"By the way, I already have some Matsutake mushrooms I just finished grilled right here!" Doraemon said as he took out a huge plate under the table and opened the cover.

A steaming plate full of grilled Matsutake mushrooms is in place.

The aroma penetrates the whole sense of palate and smell. After all, it smells pretty good.

"Wuaaahh..." All of them breathed in joy.

"They smell so good," Hotaru said.

Everyone nodded, agreeing.