Chapter 3 - Dad's Problem

"What happened to you, Dad?" Doraemon asked.

"I just came back from my friends house. He..." Nobisuke started explaining.

***

"That is one huge trout!"

Nobisuke was at his friend's house due to an invitation. His friend wanted to show off the latest result of his fishing trip.

"It is, isn't it?" His friend said as he pointed at the result, stamped in the washi paper.

"This thing weighs over 13 kilos and 13,5 inches. In good condition, I dare say."

Nobisuke stared in amazement.

"I catch a lot of trout but I never seen something this big," Nobisuke said.

"I think this clearly shows which of us is better. If you think you can do better, then go fish, too! Ahahahahahahaha!" His friend then laughing smugly.

At that point, Nobisuke was pissed.

***

Nobisuke banged his fists on the floor angrily. He ranted: "I could catch some, even larger than that! If only I could go. I'll do it! I'll friggin do it! I just can't go because I'm always so busy!"

Nobita and Doraemon can only look at each other.

"In that case, why don't you go to the fishing place over there?" Nobita asked.

Nobisuke stands up. "Fishing place! No way!"

He then explains, "If you wanna go catch a trout, you can get it naturally in streams, deep in the mountains, just as they're migrating back to the river where they hatched!"

He then automatically poses like he's fishing in the wilderness, imagining what it feels like to do so.

"It's a man's dream to go river fishing for trout... You can even hear the fishes' struggle when we catch'em."

In Nobisuke's imagination, he catches the wild, freshwater trout in a graceful manner, before finally broiling it over an in-ground hearth.

"Oh... How bad I wanted to go so much..." Nobisuke became misty eyed.

"I have one of those."