Chapter 8 - 10.000 Yen

"What's this thing?"

"Huh?" All of them suddenly glanced at the source of the voice, including Nobita who is holding on to the grass on the cliff for dear life.

Tamako's face suddenly came into view!

"Hieee!!!" Nobita panicked and let go of his hold, then falls down with a thud.

Tamako, holding a tray full of goodies, looked around, confused at the empty room.

"How strange. I could have sworn Shizuka-chan, Hotaru-chan and Chibiusa came over..." she muttered before leaving the room.

***

Back at the Mini Garden...

"Nobita-kun, are you alright?" Doraemon helped Nobita getting up from the ground.

Nobita groaned. "Y.. Yeah, but importantly, the Matsutake mushroom..."

"GUUUYYSS!!!" Usagi shouted as she and Minako ran torwards them.

"Don't worry, guys, we're all okay..." Diana said as the girls stopped, catching their breath.

"That's not what this is all about! Come with us! There are so many Matsutake mushrooms over there!" Minako and Usagi shouted excitedly.

All of them followed Usagi and Minako running.

"Guys, over here!" Ami shouted.

All of them stopped and stunned by the vast beauty.

"Huge Matsutake mushrooms..." Nobita gasped.

"They're over here, and over there..." Shizuka pointed out everywhere.

"They're everywhere, growing all over the place!" Doraemon jumped.

Nobita picked one and shouted excitedly, "The Great Matsutake!!"

All of them without a doubt are celebrating, picking Matsutake mushrooms while calling each other out.

"Look! Look over here! There are THIS many!" they all called out.

***

At the nearby shopping street, Tamako looked around, hoping to get inspired for providing dinner for her family.

"I wonder what I should make for dinner tonight," Tamako muttered as she walked.

She doesn't have any idea what to make, so she didn't have the idea of what to buy.

Her eyes fell on the vegetables shop.

"Matsutake mushrooms, huh," she muttered as she looked at the majestic mushrooms, sat prettily on the wooden box package.

But then, she saw the price, and it was horrifying.

The price tag says: 10.000 yen per pack.

"Te... ten... ten thousand yen!?" Tamako stuttered in shock.

"Oh, Nobi-san?" A voice came on her behind.

It's Usagi's mother, Ikuko Tsukino, also shopping for dinner.

"Tsu... Tsukino-san?! Oh, how do you do!!?" Tamako replied, stuttered.

"How do you do? Oh, is that Matsutake mushroom you're holding?" Ikuko asked.

"Oh yes! Yes it is!"

"Can I see?"

"Sure!"

Tamako gave the mushroom to Ikuko Tsukino, who said, "My, this is one good quality Matsutake mushroom."

"But I don't think you'll like the price though..." Tamako muttered.

"Hm?"

Tamako pointed at the price tag. Ikuko's mouth became wide.

"Te... ten... ten thousand yen!?" Ikuko stuttered in shock.

Tamako can only nod.

Ikuko put the packet back before dragging Tamako away from the shop.

"We have to get out of here! There's no way I buy something that costs 10.000 yen!!" she shrieked.