📕THEORY TIME📕

ALRIGHTY

since my awkward rant last chapter sparked some interesting conversations, I'm just gonna list my theory about how this all came to be.

Just a reminder I'm v forgetful and I may not remember very important details (I'm like Sammy, ha)

_________________________

Back in the early 1920's, Joey Drew created SillyVision Studios with the hopes of making his dreams of animating a kids show come to life. He began small, with hiring Henry, Susie, Sammy, and other original characters/workers.

Soon, his business grew as his little demon gained popularity beside his friends, Boris and Alice Angel. Everyone seemed to be working fine together, even Susie and Sammy, who might've even had a not-so-secret relationship. Luckily, their friendships were distracting them from his ultimate invention: the Ink Machine.

Joey was hungry with power and riches slowly growing; until the Great Depression happened. (Thanks Winter, you helped my theory,,, :0)) With money decreasing in the banks, Joey began to get frustrated. By this point in time, he had so many plans for the show! Including his work in progress: Bendy Land. Plus, there was an issue: Susie Campbell.

Susie was also hungry for power and stardom. She wanted to be famous, but she often complained about how she never got enough singing parts. Joey, already busy with his other projects and labored with his rising debt, decided to hire Allison Pendle. He couldn't afford to fire Susie. She annoyed him so much, he began to talk behind her back to the other workers. Susie eventually caught onto these hateful conversations. She got angry, even angrier when she found out her lover began to take interest in this new Alice Angel.

Meanwhile, Joey had hired Wally Franks and Thomas Connor to help build the new Ink Machine, while they also partially served Bertrum Piedmont in the making of Bendy Land. Joey began to loose more money and popularity with his show, because who has time to watch TV when you're entire family is starving?

As soon as everyone began to turn on each other, Joey had a plan: bringing his cartoons to life.

It excites some people. It made others doubt Joey's sanity. It made people question reality.

But, the ink machine was completed, and it was time to test it out.

Henry, realizing Joey's issues, left the studio before he could drag him into this mess.

He eventually began with Wally; because he just seemed perfect. Well, for Boris' part. Then began his satanic rituals, turning Wally into the first version of Boris. Thomas was next, and he was even more perfect. Joey discarded Wally, and it deeply hurt him.

He then went onto Susie. Her first attempt failed miserably, turning her only into the first Searcher. Her second time was a success, and she was finally pleased. Allison at the time was beginning to understand what was going on, but she was forcefully turned into another Alice. "For coverage, in case something goes wrong," Joey explained.

Joey decided if he could turn people and objects into ink -with immortality, meaning loss of age rather than eternal health- then he could do anything. He began to loose more of his sanity, and one by one his once friendly co-workers became weeping lost ones.

Finally, he became a maniac, selling souls to the devil to receive his one true wish of bringing his cartoons to life. Now, the Depression was still happening, and Joey owes many people money. He promised if he could show them an invention truly great and wonderful for revival, the debt would be off.

He was ready to summon Bendy himself.

Using some of the remains of the worker's bodies, he constructed a poor skeletal system for Bendy. He wasn't going to be using himself; he'd save that for later, once he perfected the ritual. He decided to use an actual demon. Oh boy, was that a mistake.

Bendy summoned perfectly, but his mind wasn't quite right. Immediately, he began to attack everyone, including his creator. He killed many as soon as he was birthed, but Joey stacked back and injured him, partially causing his limp. His kneecaps were also placed wrong, and his entire body wasn't built correctly. The smiling demon continued to kill everyone, with saving Joey for last.

Everything went downhill. The place became a mess and a horror house. Joey was dead, and without his 'help', many people became corrupted without the machine and many deaths occurred. The studio was condemned only a year later, when the people trapped were reported as 'dead or missing' and when they discovered ink decaying the wood and machinery.

Bendy then began to attack the inklings and toons.

Allison and Thomas (Tom) were smart enough to flee and create a small resistance against the demon and the rising, still power-hungry angel Susie. Susie was attacked by Bendy when she refused to run, and she was given a lovely new face from Bendy.

Susie luckily knew how to use the Ink Machine, so thinking she could make herself beautiful again, used Wally (now Boris) as a substitute for a perfect Boris and organs. She couldn't find Thomas anywhere, so she kept trying to replicate his form.

Then for Henry's letter, I have 3 theories:

•Joey had already written the letter, so he asked the mail company to send it to Henry to a specific time in the future. He wanted to have a large gap of time just in case if he needed to do more rituals to perfect his method.

•Henry had already received the letter, but he discarded it in a drawer or on a shelf because he was too afraid to return. He knew something went wrong, so he ignored it. It wouldn't explain why Joey would write 30 years on it, so I don't really like this particular one.

•Bendy send the letter. ((To be honest, I hate this idea, but it could have some logic to it if it was Joey as Bendy, which I don't believe.))

_______________

Now I probably have like 50 plot holes in this but whatever, I just kinda wanted to share this bc I've been thinking about it since the release of chap. 2

Go ahead and give me some 'constructive criticism' or suggestions or corrections bc yeah I hate theories I make myself