Chapter 11

Things had began to look up once more between myself and the team. I still felt awkward around Iwaizumi, but Rinko and Oikawa didn't let that bother them.

As soon as the final bell rang the day of the practice match, I raced out of my class and toward Oikawa's. I caught the boy as he was trying to sneak away.

"Oikawa-san..." I said, catching up to the boy. "You aren't trying to leave without me, are you?"

The boy jumped and turned around with a nervous smile on his face.

"O-of course not, Anzu-chan!" he nervously laughed. "I was just going to wait for you outside, I promise!"

I rolled my eyes and followed the boy to his appointment. He was reluctant to let me see his knee, and the doctor even more so. That was until I explained I was his manager and was going to make sure he wasn't going to over work himself again.

The doctor gave him the okay to start playing once more, but warned us both to keep watch.

On the way back Oikawa was practically skipping.

"You may be allowed to play, but you will wear your knee supporter, and the second I see you falter..." I told him through the door as he changed into his uniform.

"I'm off the court. I understand." He opened the door and hurried to the gym. It was refreshing to see him serious about volleyball.

Hurrying after him, I pushed open the door. The second he walked in, I was met with squeals. My eyes narrowed behind my glasses as I glares up at the stands.

"Who let them in on a practice match?" I asked, mainly speaking to myself.

Oikawa gave them a wave and a smile before jogging over to the bench.

"We got the okay," I said as I approached them.

He was told to stretch first, but soon enough Oikawa was sent onto the court. I found myself in awe as I watched the two teams. While Karasuno wasn't very strong, they had incredible potential.

It was clear to me, someone who knew little about the sport, that these two would meet again, and it would be a tough battle.

"Anzu-chan! You're leaving already?" Oikawa whined as soon as he noticed me by the door.

"Yes. Is there any reason for me to stay?"

"Aw, I wanted to spend more time with you," he sighed, jogging up to my side.

"You don't want to spend time with me, becuase that would mean you would be resting your knee," I told him. "I have to go home and read over my mother's most recent manuscript."

A sparkle appeared in his eyes. "Can I come?"

I stared at the tall brunette boy, wondering what in the world the hyper active boy planned to do while I sat and read.

"If you say no, he'll continue to bug you. If he goes, he'll get bored and never ask again I bet," Iwaizumi butt in as he swung his bag over his shoulder.

I glanced at the setter, who's next step was to get on his knees and beg. With a slight groan at the sight if his puppy eyes, I walked out of the gym.

"Let's go."

"Yay! I get to go to Anzu-chan's house," he sang.

"I don't see why you're so excited," I said, pulling a book from my bag. "You turned down Rinko's offer to study at her place."

"Hmm, I think Tanji-chan is a little bit scary," he mused. "Almost as scary as when I took your book." He shuddered.

I adjusted my glasses and rolled my eyes. "Sure, sure."

"Besides, I'm looking for something," he dropped his voice to a heavy whisper, "and if anyone would have it, it would be you."

I stopped. "Oikawa, if you think you'll find any dirty manga in my collection, you'd be wrong."

"Wha-no! No, no." He glanced around quickly before leaning closer. "I mean books about aliens."

"Oh. I think I've got a book or two," was my reply as I began walking once more.

"You're not going to question me?" There was something about the way his voice sounded that stopped me from reading. It threw me off, and I had no clue why.

"No. Why would I?" I shut my book and peered over my shoulder. "It's something you're interested in. Besides, it's very unlikely that there aren't any other life forms in the universe."

There was silence the rest of the walk.

I wasn't sure what to make of it, so instead I continued to walk, glancing back to see if he was still following me.

At last I pushed open the gate to my house, and waited for the taller boy to walk in.

"This is my house."

"My little Anzu is back!" The door flew open as my father raced out, his dark hair in a mess. "Mama's being mean!"

He didn't get far before a paperback dictionary flew out the door and hit him in between the shoulderblades.

"Welcome back Anzu," my mother appeared, spinning her pen in hand. "Who's this nice young lad?"

"Mother, this is Oikawa. The captain of the volleyball team," I introduced.

He smiled one of his more charming grins. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"No need to force yourself." She guestured to follow, leaving the limp form of my father on the lawn. "Come on in."

"I like your family Anzu-chan," he laughed.