Chapter 16

News about Rinka's relationship with Iwaizumi spread through the school faster than I thought possible. Everyone congradulated them but also kept a respectable distance from their private affairs.

I found it nice that they were respectful of their privacy.

"Anzu-chan!" Oikawa's loud call echoed through the hall during lunch. His voice was cheerful, but the underlying tone of frustration was clear to me. "Anzu-chan!"

I glanced at the door to my classroom to see the brunette stumble through the door. Instantly the chatter filling the air quieted down as if he were speaking to the entire room.

"Anzu-chan, they've gone missing!" he hissed, pulling me from my seat.

"What?" I deadpanned, staring at him.

"Iwa-chan and Taji-san!"

I grabbed his hands and removed them from my jacket. With a sigh I flattened it down once more. The entire time Oikawa figeted like a restless puppy.

"Oikawa," I started, turning back to my things. "Has it occured to you that they might want to eat alone now that they are dating?"

He sighed and fell into the desk in front of mine. The owner squealed from across the room. Resting his head on his palm, he sighed again, plastering a depressed look on his face. Rising my eyebrows, I pulled the book from under his arm. He nearly hit his face on the desk.

Before he could complain, I cut in. "Oikawa, if you ever get a girlfriend I would pity her."

"What do you mean if?" he gasped, eyes wide with betrayal. Suddenly he dropped his voice down to a whisper. "I'll have you know I'm rather popular."

"If you find a girlfriend that doesn't want to dictate your life and is able to put up with your antics, then she will quite literally be one of a kind," I scoffed, grabbing my lunch.

"Wha- where are you going, Anzu-chan?"

"I assume you came here so you didn't have to eat alone. Let's go." I guestured for him to hurry up, and he stumbled out of the classroom in quite the hurry.

We walked down the hallways, in a rather uncharacteristic silence. Every spot we looked to possibly sit was already occupied. Annoyed and ready to move along, I snagged his hand and dragged him into the empty lab room.

Oikawa sat at a table and pulled out a single package. Quickly noticing my confused look, he smiled and held it towards me.

"Want some?" he chirped.

I shook my head and stormed up to the table. "Is that all you have?"

He nodded. With a huff, I dropped my lunch on the table and opened it up with a shake of my head.

"You of all people should be more conscious of what you're eating. As the captain you need to be healthy and set an example," I spat, pushing my lunch closer to him. "Eat."

His eyes widened. "I can't take your lunch!"

"Just eat some of it," I shot back, not relenting.

"But-"

I pushed up my sleeves and cut him off once again. "I'll force it down your throat if you don't start."

Hesitantly, he grabbed the chopsticks and ate a small piece. "There! I ate some!"

"Are you five, Trashykawa?" I demanded with a blank face.

He pouted. "Iwa-chan is rubbing off on you..."

I snatched the chopsticks and picked up a piece. Holding it in front of his face, I stared into his eyes. "Just eat."

Suddenly he smirked. "If you wanted to feed me, Anzu-chan, you could have just said so."

My eyes narrowed and I began to reach for the book I had brought along, expecting to have had a chance to read, but willing to hit him with it's hard cover.

"Wait wait wait!" he exclaimed. "Don't hit me with your book! I'll eat!"

After pausing, he hesitanly ate what I held in front of him. Once he had eaten a decent amount, he sighed and slumped against the table. Watching as he mumbled to the table, head down, I hurried to eat what was left before we had to return to class.

"... do you think, Anzu-chan?" Oikawa asked, looking up. Suddenly his eyes shot open wider and he began to stutter.

I gave the brunette a confused look as I put away the containers. His mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water.

"A-Anzu, that's a... that's an," he swallowed before continuing, "indirect kiss..."

I glanced down at the only pair of chopsticks in the room, and back up at the blushing setter. I felt my face begin to heat up as well.

"Pervert," we both blurted.

"What-" he gasped. "You're the one that made me eat first!"

"I was just making sure that you didn't make yourself sick!" I quickly exclaimed. "You're the one that called it a kiss!"

I stood up, body tense. The thought that I had just shared an indirect kiss with Oikawa was blurring my thoughts. Suddenly, he laughed. I blinked and stared at him.

"You know, volleyball makes it hard to have a girlfriend," he suddenly mused. "But I don't need a girlfriend if I've got you Anzu- chan! You're better than- Anzu?"

My mind went blank. I stared at him with wide eyes, trying to decifer what had just left his lips. A concerned look fell on his face as he waved in from of my eyes. Blinking, i slapped his hand away.

"Stop spouting nonsense, idiot."

He pouted. As the brunette opened his mouth to complain, another voice broke into the air.

"You two seem to be getting along quite well." Leaning in the doorway was Rinka and Iwaizumi, both watching with smirks.

"Anzu, what did he do this time?"

I glanced at the boy, who struggled to find words as he guestured to my lunch. A light blush lit my face as I turned away from him.

"Pervert."

"Huh?"

"Anzu-chan!" he squeaked, ducking behind the table. "I am not! I can explain!"

"You better, Shittykawa. Anzu, head back to class. We've got this moron under control."

I opened my mouth to complain, but glanced at the setter one last time. Still feeling the blush burning my face, I turned away and walked from the room.

"You better be at practice tonight, Oikawa," I called out. There was no response, but just before we were to head off to club activities, I recived a call from Rinka and Iwaizumi.

"Go on ahead," Rinka said. "Teacher asked the three of us to stay back for a bit. I'll send the boys down when we're done."

"Alright," I stated, swinging my bag onto my shoulder. "I'll be waiting from them outside the gym."

As I silently walked down towards the building, a few of the other team members began to walk with me. They claimed to want to take advantage of the captain not being around.

The tean chattered around me, and I glanced up to where their classroom would be. I pressed my lips together and shook my head slightly. There was no way that Oikawa would be able to reciprocate my feelings, or that the girls of the school would be very accepting if he did.

So i dont normally write author's notes, but I wanted/needed to thank everyone reading for all of the support that popped up for this story! I really do appreciate it, and hope you keep reading and enjoy!