Chapter 10

Why was I still avoiding the team? Matsukawa watched me in between classes, but stopped trying to drag me to practice. It was the end of the school week, when he finally left the classroom before me. I was reading a book, my free hand packing up my things unconsciously.

I was lost in the world of words, my mind separate from my body per say. Currently watching as a young man ran down the street, hoping to get to his destination on time. I could see the slight waver in his eyes, and knew he felt it as well. But there was no way he would let that stop him. This was far more important to the boy.

The silence of the classroom suddenly disappeared, the volume slowly gaining to a steady roar of sounds. Gossips, friends, and teams talking, lockers shutting and locks being turned to open. A symphony of sound.

But just as soon as it started, the noise slowly started to fade. It was replaced my a single voice.

"I can't believe you actually did it."

"Really? I'm shocked it was that easy." The deeper voices mingled together, each sounding familiar in it's own way. I had moved to a sitting position, my eyes still scrolling down each page.

"Michishio-san."

"Oi, book worm."

"Anzu-chan!~" I froze, my eyes slowly looking up from the pages to see the volleyball team standing above me. Oikawa was front and center, grinning like a maniac. Iwaizumi stood next to him, avoiding eye contact.

"Hello?" I said slowly, utterly confused on how I got in the gym.

"You stopped coming to practices," Oikawa pouted.

"I have my reasons," I said as I stood up.

"Poor ones," Matsukawa interrupted.

"What?" Oikawa said, looking completely perplexed. "You actually had a reason to stop coming?"

"Why else would I stop?"

"I don't know... Family?" he meekly replied.

"Always so full of optimism," I muttered, looking at the floor. "How did I get here anyways?"

Matsukawa was all too willing to tell me. "The captain kidnapped you." He smirked slightly, eyeing Oikawa. I stared at the blushing captain for a few moments before shrugging.

'That's not how you're supposed to react!' The entire team gave me a look of disbelief, before shaking their heads.

"Anyways, the practice match with Karasuno is tomorrow." Oikawa smiled once more, but it wasn't true.

"Let's keep this off the record, but your basically our manager." Iwaizumi spoke up, looking me in the eye. "Sorry about the accusation, but this idiot really does need your help."

"Iwa-chan!"

"Shut it, Trashykawa."

I shook my head, holding the book to my chest. "I'm not a manager."

"Of course not. Your just the girl who sits in on our games and practices."

"But since we can't have a manager without them fawning over the captain, you decided to pick up the slack out of the kindness of your heart."

I sighed, watching as the guys started to disperse for practice. "I really have no choice do I?"

"Nope," Oikawa chirped. I rolled my eyes, before clapping my hands together.

"Fine. I want to see a practice match. Show me that you didn't slack off." I looked up at boys, who all returned the look with a smile.

"I can't wait to show-"

"I don't think so," I cut off Oikawa. "You are needed tomorrow, so go sit." I pointed towards the bench, causing the brunette to pout.

"But-"

"No buts. When's your next visit to the doctor?"

"Tomorrow..." he whined sitting down.

"I'm going with you. That way you can't claim to be fine." I shook ny head, still regretting my mistake. "If the doctor says your fine, then you can play once we get back."

"Wait, so we have to play the match without our captain?" One of the younger players spoke up.

"Yes. What would you do if he got injured in a tournament?"

"Oh..."

I sat down next to Oikawa, ignoring the side glances he kept giving me. The guys started the match, Iwaizumi taking the lead.

They had gotten better, but it was still obvious to me that they weren't at their best without their captain.

It was nearing the end of the match when the gym doors slammed open.

Everyone stopped and looked, the volleyball falling to the ground.

"Where is she?" Rinko seethed.

"Who?" Iwaizumi bravely asked.

She shot him a look, before storming in. "Where is Anzu? I heard from some of the other students that she was carried off by a volleyball player, and there is only one person idiotic enough to do it."

I started to lean out from behind Oikawa, looking at her in confusion.  She didn't seem to notice. "Oikawa... Where is she?"

"What do you need?" I asked, catching her attention.

Her eyes quickly met mine and she sighed. "So you are here."

"What's the problem?"

Her expression dropped, and she stared at me in disbelief. "That's now how you're supposed to react to being kidnapped."

I furrowed my eye brows, giving her a look in return. "But I know them," was my response.

"That doesn't mean anything!"

"She's not wrong," Matsukawa added.

"Then what am I supposed to do?"

"Fight back?" Rinko suggested.

Eyeing the brunette in front of me, I shook my head.

"I can't believe we have a captian who would kidnap a girl..."

"He must have been thinking something bad..."

His team mates started to turn on him, the boy taking a step back in shock.

"Is that true?" I asked, threateningly weighing the book in my hand.

"I- it's not! I swear Anzu- chan!"

I smacking him in the side, the boy curling in on himself slightly. Everyone started to laugh as he complained, but stoppes when I spoke up.

"Hey, I think that's enough. He's already crippled, we don't need to hurt his pride anymore."

"You're so mean Anzu- chan!"