Chapter 3

I didn't expect that Rinko would be so angered after she heard the fully story. With all three of us no less. I had told her that my glasses broke on accident, but I think that she thought it was something I did. 

After a brief five minute scolding, she collapsed in a nearby desk. The three of us watched her warily, afraid that she would suddenly burst again. Iwaizumi looked like he was holding in laughter at Oikawa who looked like he was holding bacl tears. I, however, was used to Rinko's sudden scoldings. 

I held my book against my chest, my chin resting on the top edge. The school was basically empty, students either home or at a club activity. 

"Um... Rinko?" I quietly started. "Have you decided if you're going to do a club here?" I looked up at her through my glasses, her graying-turquoise hair moving as she turned my way. 

"Oh, yeah... Some of the teacher's here have asked me to tutor the failing students," she half chuckled. "Hey Oikawa-san, did you say something about being the captain of a club?"

"You idiot!" Iwaizumi shouted. "We're already late!" He hit Oikawa upside the head, and started to drag him out of the classroom. 

"Bye I guess?" I said, giving them a small wave. Despite his whining to Iwaizumi, Oikawa noticed.

"Bye bye, Anzu-chan!" 

I watched through cracked glasses as the two left, arguing the entire way. There was a light smile on my face, watching the interesting relationship the two had. Only years of friendship could form such a close bond. 

"Anzu, will you be able to get home okay tonight?" Rinko asked. I turned to face her, noticing that her dark pink eyes were wider than they normally were. But what emotion had increased their size?

"Why wouldn't I?" I asked as my eyebrows furrowed. 

"It's just well..." She sighed, rubbing the back of her neck. 

"I'll be fine." I waved off her concerns and stood to pack up my things. 

"That doesn't really help," she groaned, tossing her head back. "I'll just tell the teachers I can't help until we get something figured out. I don't think-"

"That's exactly it. You aren't thinking, Rinko." I slung the strap of my bag over my shoulder and clutched my book. "You hardly do anything you want to do. So go ahead, there's no need to follow me around twenty-four-seven."

"Yeah, you're right," she sighed, nodding her head. "Okay, I guess I'll see you tomorrow morning then." With a final nod, Rinko turned and left. I smiled and adjusted my glasses. She didn't do enough for herself. 

I brushed my hair back out of my face, and left the school. The streets were somewhat busy, the students who weren't in a club wandering down the streets. Seeing the size of the crowds, I decided that it was probably best to not pull out my book, despite however tempting. 

As I tried to navigate through the groups of pushing students, shoulders and bags pushed me from side to side. I tried to keep my footing, however I ended up stumbling off of the main roads and onto a more abandoned back road. 

With a sigh I took of my glasses and tried to wipe them down on my shirt. However when the smudges refused to come off, I only succeeded in popping out the lens. I couldn't see where they had landed, causing it to shatter under my foot.

The only lens left was the right side, the side with the crack. I groaned and put the destroyed glasses back on, hoping they would at least last until I got back home. I glanced back at the main road, and saw that the crowds hadn't died down in the least. 

With a small sigh I looked around until I saw the bench that sat on the sidewalk on the other side of the road. I wanted to open my book to pass the time even faster, but already the glasses were messing with my head. 

I took them off and placed them down next to me. I rubbed my eyes, trying to clear them up. The world around me was blurred, but wearing my glasses for too long would give me a migraine, having only one lens. 

I picked up my book, and brought it close to my face in hopes that I would at least be able to do something as I waited. The sound of footsteps and distant talking reached my ears, and I slowly looked over the top of my book. 

A blurred figure was walking my way, another one close behind. 

"Hey! It's Anzu-chan!" a familiar voice called. "It's Anzu-chan, but she doesn't have glasses on!"

"Wait, what?" The second blur quickly came closer, stopping next to their friend. "What are you doing out here?"

I continued to look over the book at the two, my eyes narrowed to try and see them. "Do I know you?"

"So mean Anzu-chan!"