Chapter 7

Strange things like that continued to happen for the entirety of the week. My books going missing for a few moments was only the start. They disappeared twice more, returning as soon as a few others started to help look for them. 

They were also a few rude notes slipped into my shoe locker. 

But by the end of the week all of those things ended. I didn't bother to tell anyone about the things unless they asked, not seeing them as a problem. The guys disagreed, well, Iwaizumi said something as he seemed to be around more often then Oikawa at times. 

Somehow the word got to Rinko, who acted as if it was an act of treason not to say something. 

"This is why I can't leave you alone," she groaned, rubbing a hand over her face as she stood next to Iwaizumi, Oikawa on her other side. I couldn't help but notice that she unconsciously leaned just slightly closer to the quick-tempered boy. 

"Why would you not tell us this Anzu-chan?" Oikawa pouted. 

I slightly tilted my head. "I didn't think it was that big of a deal."

"Rude notes, missing books, I think that qualifies as bullying," Rinko said. I gave them a blank look, and the three sighed collectively. "You're hopeless."

"I know why it was happening, and it's over now, so why worry?" Her hands slammed onto the desk I was sitting at, making the guys jump at her sudden display of violence. 

"You know why?" she said slowly, leaning closer to my face. I nodded. 

"Well, why?" Iwaizumi asked. 

"I think it was something about Oikawa." All three of us turned to the clueless brunette, who was staring with an open mouth. 

"A-about me?!" he asked shocked. 

"So Mr. Popular is the problem."

"Not really," I answered. "A group of girls were worried that I was getting too close to Oikawa-san. In a romantic way of course."

"What?" Rinko said, squinting her eyes at me. I shrugged, but I'm sure my face showed how confused I was about the entire matter. 

"Acording to those gossiping girls, they couldn't stand behind Oikawa-san dating a person like me. Oikawa-san and Rinko, yes. So they were relieved to think that Iwaizumi-san and I were going to be a thing." 

I looked at Iwaizumi, Oikawa stared at Rinko. Rinko was watching Iwaizumi, and he was watching her. Interesting... 

Then we switched. Oikawa looked at me, and I tilted my head with pursed lips as I analyzed him. Rinko looked at Oikawa, and Iwaizumi looked at me. 

Weren't we a mess?

Oikawa looked completely open and exposed, his face blank and slightly concerned. The opposite of his normal happy-go-lucky facade. Rinko looked like she was about to burst out laughing. Iwaizumi looked confused and embarrassed, his ears red. 

I'm not sure what I looked like, but my face felt slightly hot, so I'm sure I was blushing. But was it about Iwaizumi or Oikawa? 

Suddenly Rinko started to laugh, her loud and vibrant laughter pulling us all out of the momentary rut.

"Me and Oikawa?" she laughed. "As if!"

"That's mean Tanji-chan!" Oikawa whined. 

"Me... and you?" Iwaizumi questioned, looking at me shocked. 

I was silent, thinking back on exactly how they worded the comment about me. Then my mind moved towards the way Iwaizumi and Rinko were looking at each other. 

"Say, would you want to go out with me, Anzu-chan?" I looked over to see Oikawa looking at me. His voice was slightly serious, but not fully. 

But for some reason those words kind of threw me. Instead of answering, I grabbed my book and ignored him, raising the book to block my face and sight. 

"Oh! You just got rejected!" Rinko cheered. Iwaizumi chuckled, and I could practically feel Oikawa glancing at me every so often as they digressed into random chatter. 

I couldn't read, my face heating up even more as my mind replayed what he had said. 

Would I like to date Oikawa Tooru? 

No... I was just embarrassed at the thought of being asked out in general. Yeah...

That's what it was.

please feel free to comment or message me. It's nice to know people are actually reading, I enjoy feedback! ;)