Conspiracy

Andersen's and Lestrade's jaws hit the floor when they witnessed Sherlock kissing Adelaide's forehead. It was extremely out of character for the detective to show any interpersonal gestures of endearment, let alone a kiss on the forehead. Lestrade felt as if he'd been run over by a lorry and dragged a block or two, "A-Are you two actually..? Dating..?"

Adelaide slowly shook her head, "N-No. W-We're just friends... Did that actually happen?" She looked at them in a daze.

"Yeah..," Lestrade answered and then cleared his throat, "I-I'd better... y'know... keep an eye on Sherlock." He ducked out of the room and whipped out his own mobile to text John.

What is up with Sherlock? He acts like an absolute menace all week only to turn up with Adelaide almost completely calm and nice? He even kissed her on the forehead!! -GL

It was only seconds before he got a response.

He's at a crime scene with Adelaide?! -JW

And he kissed her?! -JW

Yeah, didn't you know? He brought her along as his assistant. She caught the victim's cat for us and then said something about the carpet in the living room. I nearly fainted from shock when he kissed her on the forehead. -GL

Are they together? -GL

No but I'm trying to get that moron of a detective to acknowledge his feelings toward her. He's already kissed her once before! Although it was only on the cheek. -JW

Adelaide looks ready to faint as well. Red as a beet! I think the fuzzy feeling is mutual for them. -GL

It is. I asked Adelaide earlier and she didn't even have to respond. She's too shy and he's painfully oblivious! -JW

We have to get those two to come around. -GL

Mary and Molly should be able to help. -JW

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? -GL

Maybe. What would that be? -JW

Intervention. -GL

You really want to grill him don't you. -JW

Probably as much as you do. -GL

I'll tell Mary. -JW

I'll inform Molly. -GL

He smirked and put his phone away as Sherlock called, "Gary! I have a lead for you!"

"Coming!"

John said Sherlock kissed her on the cheek before. There's no way we're going to let him weasel his way out of this. He thought to himself and smirked as he walked in to join the consulting detective, "You're looking for a young female, probably Sally's height and build. Check the victim's friends and if one of them has a maroon jumper- arrest them."

Lestrade gave the appropriate orders to the rest of the Yard and noticed Adelaide standing off to the side, waiting on Sherlock. She was still dazed and a bit pink but the kiss obviously hadn't been unappreciated.

He watched closely as Sherlock got up and walked over to her. It was like watching Sherlock and John, but the brunette's manner was markedly altered. From the tiny quirk of his lips when they discussed the case and Adelaide kept up with his analysis to the way Sherlock held her gaze. He rarely made direct eye contact with people and it was always brief when he did, but his attention was almost wholly on her.

If we don't figure out how to get Sherlock moving, I'm quitting and moving to Australia. Lestrade remarked to himself with a sigh before resuming his work.

Ta!