Chapter 20 - Dreamcatchers

"Ah, at last you have come. This is a call of fate. Come along, it's not safe out here." The woman in the middle said.

The other two on each of her sides smiled while I was still confused about what the woman was talking about but I replied with, "um.. okay."

As I was desperate for clues to what was going on, I quickly grabbed my bags out of the car. The women never took their gazes off me and then it happened.

I literally almost screamed in terror when I stepped to the side to find another woman behind the middle one staring at me and smiling.

No, it wasn't just her. There were two more!

The shadow-like women took my gasp as a cue to walk to the side, revealing another one, making them seven in total.

"What's wrong honey? You seem to have seen a ghost," the woman in the middle chuckled.

After I composed myself, we scurried off deep into the forest, stopping in front of a rather small well decorated house.

Entering, I set my bags down and looked around.

I blinked in astonishment

I blinked in astonishment. I took a few steps back to the front door and looked outside, the interior of this house not matching the house exterior. Why was this house bigger on the inside??

Walking back inside, the seven women were lined up. Slowly, they introduced themselves from left to right.

"My name is JiU. I'm the one in charge here." The black haired charismatic woman introduced herself.

Next, the woman with the black half up hairdo spoke. "I'm SuA, the main ritual performer."

Performer?

"My name's Siyeon, I'm the dream expert here and the engine of this group." The black haired woman said with an almost intimidating stare that nearly pierced into my soul.

I shivered slightly and looked at the next woman.

"I'm Handong, you can consider me a psychic where dreams are concerned." The honey and red ombré haired woman smiled.

"Yoohyeon. I can tell you've gone through a lot in the past few days." The long gray haired woman stuck out her hand, which I shook.

Another psychic?

"I'm the main spell caster, Dami. I've got a few tricks up my sleeve." The long bobbed honey color haired woman smiled before whipping out a pole out of thin air, catching me off guard.

JiU interrupts, "And that's the youngest one, Gahyeon," she pointed to a young black haired woman. "She's the smart one of the group."

"And together we are the Dreamcatchers." JiU introduced, all of them assuming positions into a V shape.

"So... what exactly do you do and why am I here?" I questioned.

"Silly girl, we're Dreamcatchers. We capture dreams... or nightmares." JiU chuckled.