Chapter 35

Miyuki's POV

"It looks like you haven't been with these places. And I thought this may be the good chance to show you that you are different to others."

"I can't comprehend what you're sa--"

"Come! Come! Let's not waste time!"

His grip on my wrist tightened but not the one that would leave a bruise while his pace increased. I heaved a sigh looking down and increased my pace to avoid myself falling forward. I was surprised from his walking and his hold we did not bump against others, something position like this possibly we were smack on the shoulder or torso, but again we did not as if there was a way for us.

"Ah! Let's start this one."

I broke out from my reverie and looked at where he was staring. In two unique rectangular pan, there was these small balls were cooked and the man behind the counter was turning them with metal sticks with sharp tips.

"Have you had these before?"

"I think no. But I'm aware this is called Takoyaki?"

"That's right!"

I stared at how the man turned the Takoyakis one before another as I munched the Crepe Karaage unconsciously. The Takoyakis were popular since many asked for a paper plate and depended on the customers how many Takoyakis in it.

"Oji-san!"

My companion called the man behind the cart who had a stick in his mouth and when he looked up from the pan his smile widened.

"Ooh! Soma! A big thanks for you by the way!! You've made this place lively again!!"

"I'm just doing what's best for our district."

He raised his right hand and scratched the back of his head as he chuckled from the man's continuous compliments to him.

"Enough of these talk! Here you go, one order of hot and yummy Takoyakis for you and your girlfriend!"

"Eh?"

Both of us reacted and we looked at each other at the same time, before the man grabbed the redhead's hand and put the paper plate on top before he made a shooing gesture.

"Okay! Go, go now. There are many customers I have to attend to. Enjoy!"

"A-aah. Thanks, oji-san!"

He said his thanks and once again he grabbed my wrist and pulled me away from the store because the number of customers was increasing in front of it. We stopped at some part with no people and he finally turned around, letting go my wrist.

"Here."

"But I'm still eating this."

"Give me that and just try this. It's super great!"

There was small steam from the Takoyakis that made it surely looked so hot, and I hoped my tongue can handle it. Picking one by the stick, I popped into my mouth and tried to lessen its hotness.

"It's good. I'll give 68%"

"Eh? But these are the best Takoyakis in our district!"

"But these numbers what my tongue tells me."

I saw him sweat a drop and sighed. However, he shook his head vigorously and looked at me.

"Okay just for today, let's stop rating how good the food is."

I nodded while I took the second Takoyaki into my mouth and silently watched the steam rose up and faded.
I waited for him to talk but there were no words at all. My head tilted upwards and saw him finishing the Crepe Karaage that I ate almost halfway from the top.