Chapter 12

Miyuki's POV

They are talking about something to each other before scurrying to do their work. Inui-san was whispering on Shinomiya-san's ear, before then he said to get her out of here and Donato-san did that by pulling her collar back to our place.

I sighed due to Inui-san's behaviour as if she doesn't act as a grown woman, more like a kindergarten, I think? I went back watching at the two. Whenever Megumi-san needs something, the red head acts quickly to give it to her.

Amazing! They're working together perfectly! I haven't seen anything like this for awhile. Who would have thought that my words would calm her when I'm not really good at talking people up?

"What's going on?"

"He's staying several steps ahead of her and providing support without it impacting his own tasks."

"Yet he never goes beyond what's necessary. He's monitoring her very carefully to avoid getting in her way."

They talked as I watched the two. Indeed, they were saying is true and I can't believe it... he's totally monitoring her.

"Hmm, Yukihira Souma...He's the sole transfer student this year."

"His family runs a diner. It seems he has been trained there."

"Well, I find it hard to believe he gained that much skill from helping out at home. His skill clearly surpasses that of any student."

Sekimori and Donato-san talked after they read the personal information.

"All information in the paper is true. I was there when he was taking Erina's exam. But, my friend was unable to say delicious because it will be the end of the world for her that someone impresses her palate, so she said disgusting and failed him. Oh, please don't tell her that I've told you."

I said as I grinned, remembering Erina's face and behaviour. I can't believe she could make that face and loses her guard. As expected from my childhood friend for not being honest to herself.

"Both contestants should begin finishing up!" Dojima-san announced. I didn't realize it will be finished soon. Maybe I took a long time thinking about that.

After several minutes, they've finished their dish and it's ready to serve.

"We'll now begin the judging." All cooking materials were already washed up and the only thing right now is to know who will be the winner.

"Shinomiya's dish comes first. Serve the dish"

I was sitting on a chair near Mizuhara-san at the judges table.Shinomiya-san placed his dish in front of them, except for me and Inui-san.

"Chou farci!" This is rather unexpected."

"It's regional cooking from the Aubergne region."

"It's a dish where a filling of finely chopped meat and vegetables and wrapped in cabbage leaves, then steamed. It's similar to a cabbage roll in Western cuisine."

"It's a dish often made in French homes."

"I'm taken aback. Shinomiya-senpai tends to only make fancy dishes--"