Chapter 28

Miyuki's POV

I was on my way to my cousin's room to apologize for what happened last time. I needed to make things better between us so this wouldn't bother her. It is noticeable that she was still upset, her face said it all. After that time she was avoiding me. Just seeing me crossing her path she would go in different direction or turned her back from me to talk to her friends.

' "Of course it's not just only me. Maybe we all do. It wasn't noticeable act, but like I said even though smallest things I do...we do...trying to make you smile once again." She sniffed and wiped her tears with her hands. Then she slowly hugged me without removing my eyes to her previous place.

"Because...*sniff!... Your smile is beautiful, Miyu-chan...It makes you look like an exact replica of *sniff! aunt Akiko does when you smile...I wish *sniff!... I wish for you to be happy and...to be like yourself before!" Her hug tightened before running off. '

My eyes squinted and stopped in front of her door. Shiro was with me and he gave me a lick on the hand before urging me to go on with his head.

Thank you Shiro. You are really helpful.

I took a deep breathe before knocking on her door.

Knock! Knock!

"Who is it?"

"It's me."

I was replied by silence at the other side of the door and it felt like forever. Anxiousness consumed my whole body as I waited. My fingers were twitching slightly and sweats were starting to form on my forehead even though it wasn't that hot.

"...Come in."

With a sigh, I opened the door and found her sitting on the bed with a laptop on her lap. She was smiling every minute but it would change into an unhappy one after.

"May I talk to you for awhile?" I sat on the chair coming from her vanity table as I faced on her direction.

"You are already talking to me."

That came out a bit harsh. I held my both hands tighter without thinking and stared down at the floor as if it was an interesting thing to look at.

"I'm sorry." I looked up at her surprisingly and she just worked on her laptop.

"I shouldn't have acted like that to you. I know you were also bothered from what I did as I am... If I didn't say those, we will never be like this... I am one of those people who witnessed what happened to your life started from that day...so I should understand you because...*sniff!" She put the laptop beside her and hugged her legs closer to her chest, resting her forehead on her knees as she cried.

No...

"Kimiko, no. Because of my current behavior I didn't realize people who surrounded me was affected. All of you need to adjust for my sake but it should be me who needs to adjust and just...move on... And besides..." I approached to her bed and hugged her shaking figure.

'Past is past Miyuki! We should focus what is now.'

"Past is past. Those were all in the past. We should enjoy the present because we don't what would happen in the future..." I continued after I remembered what Erina told me.