Chapter 24

Miyuki's POV
"A-Ade-Adel...nii-san?"

"Hello my dear sister. I'm sorry for leaving you alone for so long."

With loving eyes gazing down at me, I easily recognized my brother whose head tilted at the side due to the light radiating down through the stained glass blocking. That soft and silky black hair of his and tall structure he inherited from our father, pale face and those eyes I wouldn't never forget...just like our mother's when she was still alive.

"W-When?" I asked stutteringly, still couldn't believe he came back after so many years of living away from us--from me, his only sister. Who had always been thinking of when he will come back to her side after she had finally let go of that hope.

"This morning." He spoke with an ordinary tone instead of his British accent as he walks down with Shiro following in suit, after all he lives in London working that has something to do to our business.

I looked at Sumiko and she flinched when she gets it. "I was planning to, Milady. But-"

"I've told her to keep it as a secret and to surprise you." He stopped beside me and he flashed Sumiko a smile. "Would you prepare for our afternoon tea please Sumiko-san."

"A-As you wish, Milord!" I think there was a tint of red on her face as she scampers off to prepare.

Shiro whimpered with nudging my knee with his paw. "I'm home." I patted his head and he runs off wherever he was designated to.

"Shall we go to the garden as we talk?" My brother raised his hand to the direction of the front door.

"...Of course." I hesitated before I accepted and we started to walk.

"So, how are you?" There's a hint of pain in his voice but he shrugged it off with a chuckle.

"It's good I guess. Things are in control." He opened the door for me and we were greeted by the afternoon breeze. The rays of the setting sun shines upon the earth and the fascinating color of the sky as if someone painted from his heart giving me a goosebumps to its beauty.

"That's good... Hey, Shinomiya told me that he was asking you for a favor but you just snapped him?" Taking my right hand, he hooked it to his left arm and rests his right hand on top of it, giving me a warm sensation.

"Huh? More like demanding me than asking for a favor. Trust me, he doesn't change at all." I said with an emotionless face of mine as I recalled that night.

"Hahahaha!! Oh..you know him, having a short temper and being moody at all." He laughed and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, squeezing it yet gently.

"I really missed you, little sis. I hope you forgive me." He mumbled and I watched focused his eyes in front as we walk. "Always remember that I love you so much and I would do anything for your happiness. But... I guess I failed..." His voice was getting lower and he just squeezed my shoulder towards him.

"Nii-san." I got his attention, putting a hand to his on my shoulder and stopped from walking. "It's okay. You don't need to ask forgiveness because I'm not mad at you." He looked at me and smiled before leaving a kiss on my forehead.

"Okay! Okay! Back to the questions. How's Erina-chan?" His tone changed into cheery one and we continue to walk.

"Same."