I am alone

Third person's POV

Time flown away rapidly, it was then on the New Year. Both Virat and Anushka went to Goa with Aesha and Shikhar with their baby boy Zoravor to welcome 2016 with all their happiness filled heart. There were not a dull moment until the end of the year of 2015,(31 st of December 2015) yes because that was the day in which Virat wanted to surprise Anushka with a marriage proposal. Aesha and shikhar and Virat, all were excited that day but Anushka had no idea about that. But did all the things happened as they wished? It's true sometimes things do not happen as they wished. Hmm..like same there was no exception in Virat's case too. Let's see what happened.

Virat's POV

Anushka was folding mine and her clothes in our respective bags as that was the last night to spend in Goa,I was very nervous and excited. I was so sure that she will accept my proposal but the fear was all about her reaction.
            As Shikhar suggested I took her to the beach side and asked her to marry me but her answer shook me.

"Anushka I want to ask and I hope you will give me a positive answer"I said in a low tone without looking at her.

She averted her eyes form the sea and looked at me, her eyes were searching for mine. I looked at her and took a deep breath. I went in my knee and took her hand in mine
"I love you from my bottom of the heart, there will be no life for me without you, I don't know to narrate a whole poem, so I'm straight away asking. Baby will you marry me?"
         She gasped and closed her mouth with her hand. She took me and hugged me tightly. "Did you just proposed me?" I nodded and she just smiled and gave a peck on my forehead. "But this is not my answer, tell me yes or no?" I asked her slightly irritated .
"Is that even a question Virat, yes I will but not now.." she replied looking down. That was it, I was confused.
"What does that mean?" I asked her raising my eyes.

"You know what I mean, I need some time..." she said

"Time for what Anushka? To test my patience or my.." she interrupted me and asked "Hey what are you talking, I need sometime to think..."

"Well think and take your time as much as you need" with that I got up and went in to my room, while Shikhar stopped and asked me about her, I said what happened to him. To my surprise he was not as much as shocked like me and he even advised me to give her some time. What was it?. It's not like I was upset or angry at her but it's just I was annoyed. But to be honest I don't know why I felt like that, she said yes and she also added she needs time, then what happened to me. Did I expect her to come with me right then and get married? I wondered but one thing for sure I was hella confused with myself.

Anushka's POV

I was surprised when he proposed me, it's not like I didn't like it or anything. We have already spoken about this. I was very happy with the way he proposed me. I said yes but  I needed sometime to think about it. I don't like hiding things from him so I told him openly but he was upset. I needed some time to finish my commitments and besides we were in our peek of our carrier. I don't think Virat or his mother will allow me to work after the marriage. And that thought give me some serious head ache.

Within explaining all these things to him, he just went away leaving me alone. But I was well self trained to convince Mr angry.
I was upset, that is when Aesha came to me and advised me to go and talk to him. Further she cleared up all my doubt ps and fears. I'm sure I was super selfish despite thinking about his feelings, he must have thought that I didn't believe him enough, oh god what I have done!

There he was laying in his bed while scrolling his phone. So I made my way to the bed went inside the duvet cover and hugged him tightly. He didn't move, instead he looked at me without any emotions.

"Virat, I need to talk to you, it's not like how you thi..."

"It's Okay Anu, you take your time, I'm not forcing you, it's just I was...."

"Disappointed? Is that what you felt, in that case I beg your pardon, but please don't behave like this"

"Now you don't like my behavior? Well take some more time to think" what? What was that ? I didn't expect that answer..

"Hey! I said I...."

"Whatever I don't care!! Do whatever you like" do you think tears would have overflowed from my eyes? Definitely no a bid no! My eyes were ready to come out from it sockets, I was that much shocked! He never said anything like that at any point.

Well, he dashed out with that, it was then I heard fire crackers going off tremendously, .and I realized my New Year has jus begun with the block buster welcoming. Alone tear slipped from my eye but I quickly wiped it off and followed him.

He was laughing and enjoying his New Year with Shikhar and Aesha ,him having Zoravor in his hand brought me the picture of our future perfect family. But soon their laughter stopped as they noticed my presence. Aesha tightly hugged me with the wish and Shikhar too. I looked at Virat's direction, he had already moved to the beach side, I went over there and sat besides him thinking of wishing him, but he said it first.

"Happy New Year Anushka" he said looking at the sky. I replied the same, he just smiled at me and got up and went to celebrate as it became half an hour past.

Then I sat there in silence thinking about all the things that happened within a short time, I know it was all my fault but why isn't he ready to listen to me once. He is not even ready to be with me now , it was all my fault. With that I moved to my room and lay down on my bed, soon sleep took over me.

So guys what do you think? Was it his or her fault? What will be the reason for all these misunderstandings?
Don't forget to comment and vote !!!!

I think time will answer them..

And yeah I have decided to continue this story to some extent.