{62} Coming Down and Rising Up

Skye's POV
No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't block out the pounding in my head: the subtle, yet powerful, bu-bum against my forehead, vibrating through my body and tapping against my bones.

"Hey, I brought you some Tylenol," Raven said, appearing in my door frame with 2 pills in one of her hands and a glass of of water in the other.

"Thanks." I mumbled. The room was too bright today. Light streamed through the curtains, catching among the little pieces of dust that floated through the air, somewhat magically. Oh, what I would give to be a dancing dust particle right now, floating without a worry in the world.

"You know what today is, right?" Raven asked, her brows raised. Of course I knew what today was. 

"Yeah, I remember. It's time for my date with Katsu. Whoopee," I said sarcastically. 

"You know what, screw him." Raven began, somewhat angrily. "He thinks he can walk all over as if he owns the place. Well guess what? Not anymore. I'd like to get him drunk and see how he likes it."

"He'd probably enjoy it." I smiled, as Raven ended her mini-rant. 

"He would, wouldn't he? It's time to get ready. Are you sure that you don't want me or someone form the Host Club to tag along? Just to be safe?" 

"Yeah, I'm sure. Katsu isn't dangerous. It's just a date," I said, although it wasn't just a date. It was more like my first real date. Just thinking about it made my stomach do flips. 

"Right." Raven rolled her eyes. It was time, and as long as I didn't make a big deal out of it, it wouldn't be a big deal. 

~

~

~

"Okay Skye, now listen very carefully. If he tries to touch you in any way, just kick him right in the-" 

"Raven, refrain from saying whatever it is you are saying." Kyoya's voice came through the hall. Raven began to sulk slightly, but continued to look at me, hoping to get her message across. I let out a sigh but decided she wouldn't quit until I nodded in understanding, so I did. 

She grinned and gave me a thumbs up. 

The host club had picked my outfit for today, consisting of a high waisted white skirt with a short baby-pink top and a loose fitted sweater with flowers. I also decided to put my hair into a side french-braid. 

"It's time," Kyoya announced as soon as Katsu entered the room. Tamaki rushed towards him, attempting to appear intimidating, but ultimately failing. 

"Now listen here, Skye needs to be back in this room no later than 2 o'clock or I will send out a search team to find her. I'm not joking around! Be careful with my dear daughter, okay?" he asked, but it sounded like more like a demand.

I couldn't help the smile that rose to my face. 

"Aye-aye captain." Katsu responded with a salute. "Are you ready Skye?"

"As I'll ever be," I said, making my way towards him. We walked out through the hall in silence for a few moments before I decided it was too awkward. 

"So, where are going?" I asked, trying to break the silence.

"I was thinking coffee first?" He said, looking at me for an answer. He was being oddly quiet. 

"Sure, that sounds good." I responded, searching his face for any signs of distress. 

"Listen, Skye, I was honestly just hoping to talk today about some stuff. No shenanigans, promise." We stepped out into the surprisingly warm day and I looked back up at the school to see the host club looking down at me from Music Room Three.