{50} Again

Skye's POV

Raven was in a good mood again today. Not like super happy, but she wasn't mad.

Yesterday she had picked me up from the school slightly smiling, which was odd since she was with Kaoru and she hated the twins. Supposably.

I watched as she kicked a rock down the path we were walking and wrapped her scarf around her neck.

"What's up with you today?" I asked. She paused in front of me and frowned.

"I'm just thinking." She mumbled.

"About...?" I asked, urging for her to elaborate more on whatever it was she was thinking about.

"A bunch of things. Little things, no need to worry. Do you think it's going to snow soon?" She asked suddenly. Snow wasn't what she was thinking about, but I decided to just drop it for now.

"There's was a sixty percent chance of snow today, as of this morning." I grinned, happy I checked the weather for today.

"Is that good or bad?" She asked slowly.

"Well, I think it might snow, but don't get your hopes up." I reminded her. Last time we were supposed to get snow and father was supposed to be on a trip, Raven was really excited, and then it only snowed about half an inch.

Raven was happy if we had even the slightest bit of snow.

Flashback

"Raven, Skye! Come and look, it's snowing!" mother shouted from the doorway. Of course, father was out today. Card games and drinking, something like that.

Me and my sister ran to the door, our tiny feet making thumps against the wooden floor.

"Wooooh!" Raven cheered once we reached outside. The snow was coming down slowly, but it was there.

"Can we go play mama?" I asked as I held my hand out to catch a snowflake, which then melted on my palm. My mother let out a laugh and nodded.

"Let's go out back though. Just in case." Right now, none of us dare say why. It's like if we said why, then it would all become so much more true.

"Yay!" Raven squealed and I jumped up and down excitedly.

"Snow day!" I cheered as we headed to the back. The snow fell for about 20 minutes, ever so slowly then stopped. There was about half an inch of snow, but me and Raven were still excited.

We jumped into the small pile, not minding the ice cold feel against our bare feet. It's not like we weren't used to pain by now.

We ran through the snow, playing tag and red light green light.

"Nii-Chan! I bet you I can beat you to the front lawn!" Raven shouted to me. Her nose and cheeks were red, just as mine and I nodded quickly, accepting the challenge.

End

"What're you thinking about?" Raven asked suddenly, pulling me out of my trance.

"You remember that one time it snowed?" I asked and Raven paused for a second, remembering the moment before letting out a laugh.

"It was so cold!" She said with another small laugh.

"It was, but it was also fun." I smiled softly and she nodded in agreement. It was amazing how after that long period of terrible sadness, we can still laugh about those memories. Some of them at least. 

"Let's get to class before we're late again." I said quickly as we walked through the gates. A few girls scoffed and pointed at me and/or Raven. I don't know why, or if I had done something, but Raven wouldn't take it.