{60} Safe Haven

Kaoru

I finally realized something when I held Raven. I've never really loved anyone romantically, so it was a new feeling. I've been with a girl or two in the past but never one that I actually loved.

Most of the time people gradually fall in love- and maybe I had too, considering the fact that I had known her for a long time.

But realization flooded over me as she drifted off to sleep in my arms. I think I may have known internally that I liked Raven since I met her.

Well maybe not since I met her, but somewhere along the way.

I wanted to protect her, make her feel safe and happy. I wanted her to realize that she wasn't alone either.

It was currently 3:24 in the morning. I had gone back to my room after ensuring that Raven was peacefully sleeping. Despite this, I couldn't sleep myself. I rolled onto my side, thinking about what I was going to do.

*

*

*

"Chilly today!" called someone from downstairs. I groaned and sat up.

8:14

Why is anyone awake this early? Isn't it Saturday? (A/N It is now.)

I pushed my hand through my hair once, stood up, grabbed a shirt, and started down stairs.

I found Skye at the door with a red hat on.

"I suspect it'll snow. That'd be-" she turned around and let out a scream that was cut short by her hand when she saw me. Placing her hand over her mouth, she waited a second to make sure no one had woken up before actually looking at me.

I raised my brows in confusion, and she looked up at me sheepishly.

"Sorry," she muttered, playing with her hat.

"What was that about?" I asked and she giggled.

"Nothin', just surprised me." She smiled before frowning soon after. "Why? Is something wrong? Is Raven okay?"

"Why do you both immediately think the worse? I think she's fine." I said, figuring Raven wouldn't want me to worry Skye.

"Habit. Anyways, it does look like it will snow." She confirmed, pointing out the large gray clouds and chilly air.

"That would be nice. Raven likes the snow," I mumbled and Skye giggled in agreement.

"Personally, I prefer the warm air and flowers. There's many more flowers in Japan then there were where I came from," Skye said with happiness.

There was a crash from upstairs and I turned to find Hikaru stumbling in the hallway.

"Who's awake?" he huffed.

"Me and your brother." Skye answered with a giggle. Hikaru huffed again, but began down the stairs.

"Can you make food?" Hikaru mumbled, directing his message to Skye.

"I was going to wake Raven, but I can after?" She tilted her head.

"I can wake Raven up," I said before Skye began up the stairs.

"Are you sure? She can be a real trouble to wake up." She warned.

"Yeah, I'll be careful." I answered back jokingly.

"Good luck young soldier." Skye gave a salute, and Hikaru let out a laugh while I simply rolled my eyes and began up the stairs.

I made my way to the room Raven was staying in and knocked on the door before gently twisting the knob to find a sleeping Raven.