✔ T R E N T A C I N Q U E : P a r t T w o

Start from the beginning

Of course I couldn't tell her parents she had been kidnapped, the whole reason Iris and I had been wed was to keep her safe in exchange for my family's legal immunity.

"If you do, need someone to talk to them, I'm especially good at playing devil's advocate not to mention but Mrs Harding simply adores me." She grins, flicking her hair to the side and toying with a pen that rests on my desk.

"We'll take that into consideration." Arsenio winks, a hand under his chin as his eyes rolls over the female yet again. "Are those claw marks on your arms?"

She smiles and nods, looking down at her arm. "Yeah, I have a cat. His name is Baymax."

"Interesting." Arsenio hums, tilting his head to the side.

"So, uh, when does Nikolai get here?" Zev spoke up filling the slightly unsettling silence.

"I'm not sure, I called him and he-" Ezra is cut off by the door bursting open, to present Nikolai.

He strolls in oozing confidence like no other, his baby blue suit jacket in hand. A cocky smirk on his face.

"Relax, people. No need to get your panties in a bunch, I'm here." He tosses his jacket on the couch, next to Estevon and Arsenio who both roll their eyes at his dramatics.

"Late as usually." Zev shakes his head.

"Hey, traffic was a bitch." Nikolai scowls, running a hand through his hair.

"Well, we are honoured that you could grace us with your royal presence." I narrow my eyes at him, to which he only smirks and winks.

I watch as his eyes scan the room, landing on the girl who sits at my desk, toying with a pen in clothes fit for summertime.

"Well, if it isn't the sultry raven-haired seductress." Nikolai cocks a brow, his lustful eyes running over Lila.

"Nikolai." She greets, with a slight wave of the fingers and a bright smile.

Ezra clenches her jaw and averts her eyes, lips pursed in annoyance.

"You look.....stunning." He compliments running his eyes over her excuse of an outfit and sauntering towards her.

"Don't I always." She bites her lip, outstretching her hand for him to take.

Nikolai's lips curl up at the corners as he takes her hand, pressing a kiss to her knuckles. Lila hums, drawing her hand back after his soft kiss, eyes twinkling.

Interesting.

The ring of an iPhone makes their small moment come to a sudden pause, Lila sighs heavily and pulls from her pocket the ringing phone.

Her brows furrow as she clenches her jaw. "Could you excuse me? I uh...have to take this."

"By all means. " I reply without a sliver of hesitation.

Her presence unnerves me.

A smile slips back on to her face at my words and she gets up from her seat on my chair, strolling out of the office and closing the doors behind her.