shot

He's alive.
He's in the basement
He's alive and in the basement and he's being hurt.
I watched King make me a snack, he hummed a song but I still didn't know what it was. He hums it a lot, when he's working, or washing me, or now when he's just thinking.

It honestly scared me, because I didn't know what he was thinking and I feared The worst from him right now. "Puppy why are you frowning," he asked wiping the peanuts butter on to a cracker. "I-I'm not" he cut me off by kissing my cheek. His lips lingered on my cheek as they got red and flushed. "It's so cute when you get all blushy Puppy" I didn't answer, One of his workers walked into the kitchen and looked at us. "Sir someone's at the door he's asking for you" King gave a strange look "ok shoot him" the man frowned "we can't sir."

I peeked out from behind King looking at the door. Rosie was being held by the hair with a gun in her hip. My eyes got all wide, I tugged in King shirt "what, what Puppy?" He looked finally at Rosie who looked bored more than anything. I realized it was the German man from a month ago "Weston what are you doing here? Come for another job or just stopping by for a visit?" King said calmly "y-you killed my wife and now I kill yours." King sighed "go ahead, but know she's not my wife, a co-worker barely but lover of any sorts no." Weston's eyes darted around the room looking for any thing else to give him leverage. I stood not behind King but sticking out of his side, his eyes landed on me.
His eyes narrowed at me, his face lit up in a fiery red anger and he screamed cursed at me in German. "I'd shut your mouth Weston" King started towards him, I reached out to follow him feeling exposed with how him in front of me.

But

I felt a sharp cold pain in my stomach
Then a loud banging sound, I felt my legs crumble out from under me and I hit the ground banging my head on the ground. I looked up, I had tears in my eyes and I didn't realize it until I blinked and felt them fall on my cheeks. King turned and looked at me but Rosie ran to me holding me on her lap. My body felt numb and I couldn't really hear anything. But she was yelling at King and he looked at the man but he was gone.

"It hurts, it hurts oh god please stop it hurts"
Rosie tried to comfort me, "shhh it's almost out" she cooed tears clouded my vision and I choked on sobs, King was trying to get the bullet out. His dig into the hole and sat on my legs, I tried to kick him off. "There got it" I calmed down knowing it was over "grab the needle and thread" I started up again as he stitched me up, I felt bile come up my throat as I was getting dizzy from the pain and jerking around so much. After he was done, Rosie gave me to him and he picked me up "come Puppy let's get you to bed, it's been a long day."

I looked at him and he smiled down at me happily.
He doesn't care I was shot because of him, he's just happy I'm not dead. I could get beaten and shot a million times over but if I can still stand then it's all ok, right?
For the first time in a year, I cried because I wanted to go home. I've missed home, and I've wanted to leave but I've given up all hope. But not I'm scared, he doesn't have empathy for other humans and he really doesn't see me as anything more than a pet. "Why are you crying again, we fixed you up all better Puppy, you're going to be fine." My chest felt heavy, my oxygen couldn't get into it, I couldn't focus on anything but the hard beating of my heart. I was sure that at any point in time it would beat out of my chest. "Calm down Puppy" he coped setting my in the best after changing me into some night clothes.

I wanna go home
I need to go home
I have to go home
Or I'm gonna die
I laid in the bed and let my breathing return to my lungs and I watched him go take a shower. I was almost asleep when he slipped into the bed with me. "Good night Puppy" he kissed my cheek, I felt like my heart cracked a little because I lit up like a fire engine and laid on his chest. Because I know he won't kill me, he too scarily obsessed with me to let me die. He's not gonna just let me die unless I do something bad. I gotta follow the rules, he's gonna make sure I stay alive.
Anxiety started getting the best of me, that means he can kill me at any point in time.
I'm not a person anymore I'm a thing.

I'm a dirty thing too
Yucky and gross and horrible, Andrei's gone, he's here but he's in trouble.

Bile
Vomit
Rising in my throat
A lump of so got stuck in my throat, guilt plagued me.

He said people are looking for me, my mom, dad, sister, I've got a baby sister and she's looking for me.

"M-mom"
My voice cracked, Kings eyes landed on me like those red dots on sniper rifles. He looked at me "what's the wrong Puppy" he whispered "I w-wanna see my m-mom" I said hiccuping like a child. He pets my head "shhh, don't worry she's fine, she'll think you're dead soon and she won't worry anymore." I sobbed harder "Puppy why are you getting upset she'll stop looking and she'll get over it." I sat up carefully not hurting my stitches in my side "I wanna see her I wanna go home. L-let me go Please I wanna go home"

I felt a tap on my leg and King kissed my forehead telling me to sleep.

I wanna go home.