20

We reached my old house three hours later. Although we didn't talk about it I knew that everyone was anxious. The car ride was quite, too quite actually. Betty, Kyle and Britney stayed quite on the back seat. Yeah you got it well, even Britney. I also quietly sat on the passenger's seat. Luke was busy driving at a very high speed and I was surprised we weren't given a speeding ticket. Nobody even said anything, in fact I internally wanted him to continue with that speed. I wanted to get everything over with. I was growing more anxious as time passed so a five hours ride wouldn't have done me any good.

I got out of the car and stood there staring at my old house

"Woah..this is where you used to stay?" Britney asked in horror. I would have rolled my eyes or say something back if I wasn't so nervous.

"We should get started, it's not safe to stay here longer unprepared. We don't know how regular they check this place, they could have even station someone here to report to them if anyone drop by, so we should be fast," I told them and they all nodded in agreement.

"Okay... So I need a chain, necklace or a bracelet from each of you," I told them.

Luke took off his bracelet. Betty and Kyle did the same too. Britney took her necklace off. They all gave it to me. And I nodded at them and smiled.

"I'll go in and work on them then, this might take a while. I hope they won't be here untill then," I told them.

"We will be right outside, we will try to stall them if they get here before you're done," Luke told me. I nodded and headed inside of a half destroyed burnt house I used to call home.

I placed the ornaments on the same mat I used the last time I was there. I kneeled down beside them. I hope this will work, mother help me!

*        *         *        *

It took me two hours to be able to cast the right spell on the ornaments. I tried every trick I learnt the night before, since I was using them for the first time it wasn't easy. I did a lot of mistakes in the process, there was when I started a big fire, or when I destroyed a whole front wall which was disconnecting me with the rest. I remember the look of shock on their faces, I just shrugged at them and moved on to another spell. Well, what's important is I got it done. I was proud at myself. So the only thing left was to test if it really works. Which is the most important thing! You got nothing done if it doesn't work! I heard that small voice in my head. I ignored it.

I walked to the others to tell them the good news, from the fire and the wall that broke earlier I think they were already starting to lose hope in my spells.

"I got it done!" I exclaimed after reaching them.

They all looked at me then at the ornaments in my hand as if they will be able to see the spell by looking at them.

"How do we know if it's working?" Britney asked. I knew that was what everyone was curious about but I was glad it was her who asked.

I turned around to face her and smiled at her. I could sense she became frightened by my sudden gesture of kindness towards her. She took one small calculative step backward. I moved closer to her and touched her arm, she immediately jolted back and screamed in pain.

I waited till she calmed down a little, she was still cursing at me though. "Now you wear this and tell me if it's working, that's how we will know," I told her with a smile.

"You psychopath!!" she exclaimed, still in shock. I guess she didn't see that coming which made it all better. I smirked at her. The others were in fits of laugher.