14

"I'll drive you there then, when do you want to go?" Luke asked me.

"As soon as possible. Tomorrow morning I am thinking," I answered.

"Tomorrow morning it is then," he told me.

"I'll also come with you," Britney quickly added, smiling at Luke.

"No you will not," Luke answered without even glancing at her, not putting up space for debate and I was thankful for that.

"I shall go to bed early then. I'll have to take my leave now," I announced.

"Let me grab my coat. I'll drive you home," Luke told me.

"No thank you, it's not that late plus I drove here. And you also need to rest if you will be driving me early in the morning," I told him.

"I'll also take my leave now," Betty announced.

"Let's all meet here when we get back tomorrow," Luke told us.

"Ok then, see you tomorrow pal. I have to drive Betty and then I'll also head home," Kyle told Luke. They side hugged to say their goodbye.

"Do you mind dropping Britney home too?" Luke asked Kyle.

"What? I'll leave later. I still have to finish my fruits," she said pointing at the untouched fruits that have been on the table for a while now. I rolled my eyes, how pathetic!

"Take them with you, you can finish them in the car," Luke told her with an innocent smile. That's my boy!

Britney pouted but complied nevertheless. Luke walked us out untill we reached the elevator and said his last goodbye to us as the elevator door closes. In the elevator I tried to stay far away from everyone as possible which was very hard. I could see an apologetic look on Betty's and Kyle's faces but I could see they were also thankful. Sherry saw my struggle and scouted towards me so that I wouldn't feel lonely and I was grateful for that. We didn't say a word untill we reached the ground floor.

"Kyle you can go ahead. I'll just ride with Kayla, we live nearby anyway. If that's okay with her," she told him and then looked at me for confirmation, I just nodded. She kissed him goodbye and then we parted ways with Britney and Kyle as our cars were parked on different sides.

* * * * * *

"So, how have you been holding up? Are you okay?" Betty asked after a while to fill in an awkward silent.

We were in my car on our way home. Betty was sitting on the passenger seat infront with me while Sherry was sitting on the back seat, she had her earphone in. I guess she was listening to music.

"Well....I am fine. A part from the fact that I just found out I am a freaking witch, and losing the people I loved most, finding out my birth parents are dead, figuring out my whole life was a lie I am superb," I sarcastically answered her.

"Kayla I know that you are mad and you have every right to. I know that asking you to forgive me right away is probably too much but I want you to know that I regret the way I handled things, I know that now. And If I could go back and change that I would," she told me and I could feel how sincerely she was.

"And I am also sorry for not telling you that I am a werewolf all these years but you have to understand that I couldn't. It's not easy for us to tell these kind of things. It's not the same as telling that you're a lefty or something like that. Most of people who find out that we are not humans run away from us and I couldn't risk losing you," She told me.

"I know, I understand but then knowing that doesn't take away the feeling of betrayal or hurt I am feeling. It will probably take time. Anyway I am sorry for being a bitch too, that was uncalled for," I told her. She smiled at me and went on to hold my hand but she immediately jolted back leaving my hand and this time I didn't feel hurt by that, I laughed at her. She joined in too.