15

The journey wasn't that long, I fell asleep few minutes later on. Luke only woke me up when we reached the house. We were in what used to be my past home, on the living room. We were setting and lighting candles all over the place. I needed them to channel my powers, mother and I used to do that. She told me it makes you concentrate and detach yourself from outside world easily. If I was going to talk to her I needed it to be long and undisturbed conversation, unlike before when I couldn't even hold the connection.

"Well, that's all of them." Luke announced after finishing lighting the last candle.

I looked at the place and I was satisfied by our work. I nodded in satisfaction.

"Need anything else?" he asked me.

"No, I think this will be enough. I hope so," I answered.

"I believe you can do it. You just need to trust yourself. If you were able to connect with her last time without even trying then I am sure you can do it easily now that you're trying," he assured me. I nodded and smiled at him.

"Well, I'll be here. Don't worry about me and just do your thing," he told me.

I sat down in the middle of the room on the mat that Luke brought earlier from his car. I closed my eyes so that I could concentrate. I could feel myself more relaxing with the smell of candles burning around. I recalled what I did last time before I heard the voice in my head. It was when I was desperate asking for her forgiveness, telling her I didn't know what to do and when I was in contact with the ground. So I thought that must be the key. I did the same. I placed both my hands on the ground feeling the place then I inwardly called her "Mother! Mother! It's me, I am here! Mother" nothing, there was no reply. I tried it again, this time calling her with her real name and mumbling some few witch spells I learnt when I was young. There was nothing again.

When I wanted to try the third time I felt myself falling, falling down. what was happening? I then fell hard on the ground. I could feel myself as light as a feather as there was no much impact when I came in contact with the ground after falling. I opened my eyes and saw myself in a different room. when did I reach here? The room was dark, there was only a dim light. I stood up and inspected the place, it was enclosed with walls of mirrors. I could see my millions reflections in there. I couldn't see the end of them as they were too long, I kept on looking around and I noticed a tall slim woman at the far end facing the mirror, her back on me. She was wearing a white long gown, her long black curly hair reached to her waist. I looked on the mirror to see her face but there was no reflection of her, there was only mine, everywhere.

As I was about to call the woman she slowly turned and looked at me with a smile on her face, she then walked towards me and even with the dim light I immediately recognised her, Mother.

"Mother-" I was at loss of words. I was feeling so happy that I was overwhelmed. Is this real? I moved as fast as I could towards her, we met midway. She then took my hands in hers while inspecting my face as if memorizing every inch of it, and I did the same. I never wanted to forget her perfectly beautiful face. I didn't have any picture of her.

"You look exactly like your father, you have his eyes too, so beautiful!" she told me.

"Do I? And I even have mother's perfect hair and skin, I must be so lucky!" I told her while smiling, then that I was looking at her I could tell that I had exactly her hairs and skin, very soft. Although mine is a bit tanned. I could feel happy tears running down my cheeks. I couldn't believe I was seeing her again.

"Yeah, you are lucky my perfect daughter. You're so beautiful. You grew up so well," she told me and pulled me in her embrace and I returned the hug. I hugged her so tightly as if my life depended on it.