18

Kyle quickly woke up to embrace Betty when he saw us enter the living room. I cooed on how cute they were, he must have been so worried about her.

"I am really sorry Betty, but it looks like it really was Logan and Sebastian crew who killed Kayla's parents. I checked with the guy who was attacked again and he confirmed it was them who attacked him," he told her after a while.

"I was convinced it was him since earlier, don't worry I am fine. Let's sit and figure out what to do now," she told him. Kyle tightly hugged her again before releasing her and held her hand as they came to sit on the sofa beside me.

"So, what's the plan?" Kyle asked.

"I have an idea," I announced and they all looked at me.

"I think it will be at our disadvantage if we wait for them to find us, let's rule them in a place we want. A place where we can control them," I suggested.

"We will be at our disadvantage either way," Britney argued.

"Let's hear her out first. What place do you have in mind? And how can we control them?" Luke asked.

"My old house. That place has a lot of energy that I can channel from, I can use that to put them in a disadvantage. I can also do something to make the fight between you and them a bit equal," I explained

"And how will you do that? You said yourself last time that you still don't know a lot of spells and you can't control your powers. There's no way you will learn that overnight. It take years to master enough power to do that, you're still a newbie in this and there's no other witch to teach you. This is a suicide mission," Britney said.

"What's wrong with you? At least she has some suggestions. Plus you're free to back out if you think it's too suicide for you. No one will force you into it," Luke told her.

"We can't just sit and do nothing, and it's true that we will be at a bigger disadvantage if we let them find us. They will take us unprepared and they would probably deal with Kayla like how they did with her parents, not giving her a chance to even fight back. So I think that Kayla's choice is the best choice, No, it's the only choice we have," Betty told her as she was also tired of Britney pessimistic.

"Yeah, she is right. And this is a suicide mission like you said, so you have to be prepared for any outcome, the worst will be losing our lives. So you should really consider backing out, no one will stop you," Kyle told Britney. And we all turned to face her so that we can hear her decision. I was really sure that there was no way she will help me, that didn't concern her and knowing Britney, she will never be bothered by what will happen to me. But then-

"Backing out is not an option for me. If Luke is going of course I have to go too. Who else will have his back?" she told us before smiling at Luke sweetly, if that could even be considered sweetly. The girl had some serious problems. Luke is not even her boyfriend and he will never be. I gritted my teeth angrily.

"Britney, that shouldn't be a reason why you want to help out," Luke told her, annoyed.

"Then what? You think the reason will ever be because I want to protect her, that I would put my life in a danger just for her? Let's be realistic please," she told us with a fake smile on her face. I scowled at her.

Luke sighed as a sign of being done with her, there was no stopping that girl, she would follow Luke to hell if that meant to be beside him. I will have to set that attitude of hers straight after all these, I couldn't stand it. 'Who are you to Luke for you to do that? You're not his girlfriend too' I heard that small voice in my head again but I just ignored it.