12

"What? She is a vampire? Are you sure?" Sherry asked, shocked.

We were driving to Luke's house where we decided to meet. It was almost 4pm in the evening. I told Sherry about what I found out the day before. Although Sherry saw Britney inhumane speed she hadn't realized that she was a vampire and I didn't have a chance to tell her before.

"Yeah, I am sure. There's no way I would mistake that. I have been told about those creatures a billion times when I was young. She transformed exactly like the image which was in my head," I answered.

"How come I didn't see that? The transformation I mean. I only saw her the time she ran super fast. How could I miss the most important thing like that?" she asked.

"You could have missed it, it happened really fast. I almost doubted myself if I really saw it. Almost," I told her.

"So vampires really exist!! And out of all people it had to be Britney!!" she groaned.

"Tell me about it!...we are here," I announced when we reached Luke's apartment. I parked the car. We then grabbed our phones and stepped out.

Luke lives alone in one of the wealthiest apartments in our town. He has always been living alone ever since he moved into our school. I don't know where his parents are as we have never been that close to ask each other about our personal lives and I never heard him talk about it. I once asked Betty but she just shrugged and told me she doesn't know but whoever his parents are they must be very rich. Not just anyone can easily afford apartment there.

I have been there once before with Betty when she was throwing a surprise party for Kyle's birthday and I was surprised how his place looked like. The place was too elegant, spacious and spotless but then that was to be expected from a student with the most luxurious car in school. The elevator door opened signaling we reached the top floor where Luke was living. We got out and went on to knock the door.

In less than a minute the door was opened to reveal Luke himself, he looked at me and smiled but I had no desire to return his smile. I just stared at him. He then realised that he hasn't welcomed us yet, he quickly muttered a sorry and told us to come in as he stood sideway so we can enter and then he closed the door behind us.

The house still looked as spotless as ever What a neat freak! I internally laughed at that before I remembered what situation we were in.

"The others are already here, they are in the living room," he told me. I nodded and started heading there.

"Are you hungry? Do you want me to prepare anything for you?" he asked as we walked.

"No, I am fine." I told him in a bored tone.

"Something to drink?" he asked.

"No thanks," I replied not bothering to look at him.

"What about fruits then? I have icecream too if you want," he suggested.

"I SAID NO!" I answered, raising my voice unconsciously. We were now standing staring at each other, I was more like glaring. I heard someone coughing and I looked back to see Sherry. I forgot that she was there too. She then pointed in front of us and I turned to see three pairs of eyes staring at us. I hadn't noticed that we were in the living room already.

"Trouble in paradise dear?" Britney asked mockingly

"But then there has to be a paradise for there to be a trouble! For you it's more like hell!" She added with a mocking smile.

As I was going to give her a piece of my mind Luke answered instead "Will you shut up!" he said annoyed.

"Hi" Kyle said waving his hand at us awkwardly. I smiled at him to return the gesture. Betty muttered a small hi while looking anywhere but at me.