13

"What do you mean legendary?" I asked her.

"At least now we know why you are that strong!!" Britney muttered.

"Katherine came from a very strong witch family and Lameck also came from a strong family of very strong hunters, so the two combined were unstoppable. After a lot of witches to be killed they are the ones who were the biggest threat to vampires and werewolves. They promised to finish each and everyone of us and they were almost there," Luke explained.

"Is that why they were killed? That's why they burnt them alive?" I quickly wiped the tears that were threatening to fall off with the back of my hand. Crying is a weakness and I am no weakling.

"They were burnt alive!!??" everyone asked, it seemed that they didn't know that yet.

"Yeah, I witnessed it. Seeing as nobody knew that then there will be no point asking if you know who killed them, will there?" I asked and they all nodded.

"You didn't see them? The ones who killed your parents? You said you witnessed it," Betty asked.

"It was dark and it was far but I remember them, I remember their faces. They were two men and three women. I think the two men were one vampire and one wolf. And there were also one vampire woman and one wolf woman," I told them.

"You got all that when you were young? You indeed are exceptional! Anyway we are so sorry about your parents," Kyle told me and I smiled at him as a sign I was okay now which was a lie.

"And what about the fifth one? The third woman, who was she?" Britney asked.

"I have yet to find out, I couldn't at the moment," I answered.

"We were still pretty young when all these happened but we will try to find out more about it and let you know," Luke told me.

"But how could that happen? From what we heard Yardleys never had a child," Kyle asked.

"My mom told me they ran away when she knew she had me in her. They lived low and isolated untill she gave birth to me and that's when they resume to hunt. Even then she told me they couldn't be too active for my safety. She told me my existence was a secret, that I was their secret weapon," I explained.

"I still don't trust you guys, your kinds. But the reason I am telling you all this is because you guys are the only lead I have to find out who killed my parents, I need to know them. I need to find them hence I have no choice but to trust you. But know that I am watching you," I warned them.

"We understand why you wouldn't trust us. It's in your blood. But not all of us are like them; the ones who killed your parents. There are a lot of us who are nice. We have families and we live among humans in piece with them. We don't hurt them. You just have to open your eyes to see that," Luke told me.

"And there's also one more thing I wanted to clear. Betty and I are not an item, we have never been. Betty is with Kyle," Luke added. I had been curious about that, I wanted to ask that since the moment I walked in there but I couldn't, doing that would have only made them think that I still care.

"Then what were you doing at Betty's hugging her?" Sherry spoke up this time.

"You were at Betty's? Hugging her??" Britney asked in shock looking at Luke for confirmation.

"Betty was upset the whole weekend about what happened between you two and I just hugged her to calm her down. And I was there in the first place because we were going to meet there with Kyle who was coming back from next town to meet someone who knew about witches," Luke explained and I let out a breath I didnt know I was holding in relief.