Chapter 7

AUTHORS NOTE

this chapter is dedicated to my friend karen. you know who you are girl. she's encouraged me to keep continuing my story and gives me the best feedback. enjoy!

___________

If I had to admit, this was pretty awkward.

I never thought I'd be in a situation like this. I've only seen this happen in TV shows.

::

Atcher turned around and saw me.

"Hey cupcake"

I felt my body shudder when he called me that. It's been so long. "Hi"

We fell into another one of our awkward silences. I shuffled over to the fridge and grabbed the milk.

"So, how have you been?" He asked, curiously

"Fine" I said

He walked over to me. "Come on, just talk to me"

I really didn't want to deal him.

"Look, I'm just really hungry. So, I'm gonna eat" I said, while walking away from his gaze.

"God damn it, Adelaine. I'm just trying to be here for you" he retorted, his voice getting louder

"Oh really? Like telling me you like me and then getting a girl friend?!" I yelled

His face became stern. "What did you expect me to do? You pushed me away! You wouldn't even look at me!"

"Well, I'm sorry that my dad went to jail for killing someone and I didn't want to be around the only person that he met. It's just hard for me." I said, while my voice broke at the end

I saw his face soften. "Look, he's in jail and you need to get used to that. He's gonna be gone for 2 years. You need to get over it and move on, he'll be back. At least he isn't dead" he said, muttering the last part

I stormed over to him with anger in my eyes. "I don't need you telling me what to do, you asshole. and you're not making it any easier for me to get over what happened by saying shit like that " I yelled, my finger in his face. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes.

Atchers face became expressionless. He clearly didn't know what to say after I went off on him.

"I'm just really sorry about everything. Your dad, for yelling at you and about Rachel. I just missed you" he said softly

"Why are you apologizing for Rachel?" I asked sternly.

"Because, I-Uh know she's being mean to you. I can tell her to back off if you -"

I rolled my eyes. "I can handle your girlfriend, without your help."

"Would you just get over yourself!" He yelled at me

I really needed this conversation to be over.

"Me!? You've got to be kidding" I yelled, the first tear come down

I'm sure we've woken everyone up by now, with all the yelling.

Atchers face showed guilt when he saw that I started crying.

"Adelaine?" He softly asked

I wasn't even hungry anymore. I threw the milk back into the fridge.

"Cupcake?" His voice pleading

"Don't call me that" I snapped at him before storming out of the kitchen.

I ran into the room. Luckily, Lily was still asleep. Maybe we didn't wake anyone up.