Chapter 6

It's been a few months since my dad's been in jail.

Everything has been slowly going back to normal.

My mom has been doing a lot better. We explained the situation to Eva. We basically said that dad was going to be gone for a long time because he misbehaved and did bad stuff.

She didn't ask that many questions after that.

I skip school sometimes, because I don't want to deal with it all. Sometimes, I'd just break down crying in the middle of class. So, I decided not to go as much. I can just cry at home.

As far as friends go..

I talk to Atcher every now and then. I kind of distanced myself from him after what happened in the hallway. I don't think he likes me anymore either, because I've noticed that he's been spending a lot of time with this girl that's in our grade judging by the pictures he posts.

Not that I was creeping..

Oh and if you're wondering, I passed the review test that Mr. West gave. Atcher and I still continued the tutoring sessions that became really awkward. But, I passed. Not with a 100, but I passed.

I told Austin about what happened and we've hung out a few times because he insisted that I needed to get my mind off of things. We'd gotten pretty close.

But, Lily is the only one that I spend most of time with. She's been there for me to talk to. We basically just spend all of our time eating and watching netflix.

The night of the party Danny and Lily did hook up.

They went out for 2 days, until Lily found out that Danny had sex with some girl.

She went off on him and ever since then Danny has been trying to talk to her.

And then there's Tracy.

The police told her family my dad's name and all that.

I see her in the hallways and she has a big smile on her face. It seems like her dad's death isn't really affecting her.

But, what do I know? I've never met her.

So, now you're all caught up.

{~~~~~~~~}

Today's Friday. And it's the Friday before spring break.

I haven't been to school in a few days, because I had strep throat. It was terrible. But, I feel a lot better now.

I woke up with a smile on my face.

No school for 2 weeks?

UM YES PLEASE

I got ready and wore my white shirt that said take me to the beach and dark wash skinny jeans. I decided to wear a cardigan because it was a little chilly and I topped my outfit off with my high top white converse.

I drank some milk and saw that Lily was outside.

I hopped into the car.

"Hey!"

"Hi Lily"

"I missed you sooo much! Feel any better?"

"I missed you more! And waaayyy better"

"I hate that you come back the day before spring break, so lucky"

"What can I say? Strep held me back" I teased.

I turned up the volume on the radio and we headed to school.

*^*^*

The school day was going pretty good. I turned in all my missing work and caught up.