Chapter 11

Lindy

We had pot-roast for dinner that night. I helped my mom finish making dinner by helping her with the mashed potatoes and green beans that went with them. They were delicious and filling. Having a good meal like that was really nice considering the portions given at the hospital. I felt like I was being given rations while I was in a homeless shelter or something. Not to be mean to homeless people. I bet the food was better there. I guess my sense of taste was off with all the medicine I was on, because the food did get better. Why am I thinking about food after I just ate? I blame the meds. 

After eating, I was helped to the couch for the rest of the evening. I was watching TV with my parents when my mom said, "Does anyone want to watch a movie?"

"Depends, what kind of movie?" asks my dad.

"Whatever Lindy wants," she says.

"I don't care. There is nothing on, so anything amusing would do," I say.

My mom walks over to our DVD case and starts looking through our collection of movies. My dad is an avid movie watcher since he's seen plenty of them traveling, so he have a vast collection of them since he buys every movie he's enjoyed while on flights. This ends up being most of them.

"I really don't know what to pick! There are so many to choose!" my mom says.

"I could go for a good comedy," says my dad.

"That sounds good to me!" I say.

"Bridesmaids?" my mom asks.

My mom and I both laugh while my dad shakes his head. That movie is more for Mom and I. Not much of a dad movie. 

"How about Home Alone? Everyone loves that movie!" I say.

"That's a good compromise," says my dad.

My mom finds the movie and pops it into the DVD player.

"Popcorn anyone?" she asks.

"That sounds good!" I say.

"I'll get it. You have done enough today Honey," says my dad.

He gives her a quick kiss on the cheek and heads into the kitchen. As the opening previews go by, I can hear and smell the popcorn popping. 

"I should ask Liam if he wants to join," she asks.

"I don't know. He didn't say much at dinner. He pretty much scarfed down his meal and put his dishes away before I could even get through half of mine," I say. 

"I should still ask. I don't want him to feel left out." 

"Do as you must."

Liam's POV

I could smell the popcorn popping from the kitchen. They are either watching a movie, or really want a snack. I don't care. I want to see as little as I can of them. I just want to be alone for now. 

As much as I want to spend time with them, I can't help but think about Louis when I see my sister. Her injury is a constant reminder about what happened. I can't seem to get it out of my head.

I get back into my homework when there is a knock on the door.

"Liam?" 

"Yes mom?"

"May I come in?"

"Sure."

She opens my door and sits at the foot of my bed. 

"We are watching Home Alone. Would you like to join us?" she asks.

"No thank you," I say.

"Come on. Why not?"