I try to call Luke again and when I don't get through, I break down into tears. This is stupid, I shouldn't have to prove my friendship with Jamie to anyone. Steph quietly steps out of the room when her phone vibrates and she returns 5 minutes later with a bottle of wine and 2 glasses. I manage to stop my tears and when she passes me a glass, I take it with a weak smile.

After a few minutes of silence, she asks, "So you know I have to ask what's with you and Jamie right?" I knew it was coming, I just don't know how to answer it.

"I... I don't know... I mean, we never talked about the date or our past kisses and I thought he had a girlfriend, but then last night, the pictures. I don't know." I try and control my emotions, I feel overwhelmed by this spiral. Not to mention that this means it's gonna be easier to find me.

Before I realise it, we've finished 2 bottles of wine and half a bottle of vodka, the sun has gone down and I texted Luke a few times, asking him to answer or to call me. When none of it works, Steph in her intoxicated state decided to call Michael.

"Mikey baby, heyyy." She slurs and giggles. Michael's voice comes over the speaker and then I see a blurry image of his face.

"Where's Luke?! How dare he not reply to my Vix! I'll kill him!" she continues and his voice is muffled and I throw a pillow at her head to shut her up.

"Leave him alone Steph. If he doesn't want anything to do with me, it's fine." I shout, the alcohol makes the words hurt less but it still stings.

Then I hear Michael laugh, "Well you heard the lady mate, she's okay with you." He teases and I realise Luke is with him.

After about another hour of drinking before we nearly pass out, my phone rings and Luke's name flashes across my screen. The battery is about to die since I sat there scanning the website and interviews and articles of Luke and I, as well as Jamie and I.

There were a few pictures, asking who the mystery girl is, but nothing solid from Luke's end. Jamie did an interview that hinted to our past, but I'm grateful that he hasn't mentioned my name. It's only a matter of time before they figure out who I am. I ignore his call and take one last shot before I want to pass out. He calls again and this time I can't help myself, the hurt has turned to anger and I snap when I answer.

"Luke. What do you want?" my tone is harsh from all the liquor. He's quiet for a moment and I check my screen to see if the call ended.

He finally speaks, "Hey Victoria. I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to talk to you, it's been busy. I've been doing interviews before and after the shows and it finishes late." He defends, I feel emotional and being an emotional drunk was never one of my strong points.

"Surely you could have replied to one of my texts. It's been days Luke. I thought that you wanted nothing more to do with me anymore, after Jamie and I... I don't know, but it almost made me want to hate you. I missed you so much." I admit it's only been 2 days but it feels so much longer.

After Steph ended the call with Michael, he sent her a link to an interview they did recently, in it they ask about me and his response stole my breath. The interviewer asked, 'So this girl in the pictures at the airport. Is she your new girlfriend or what's the relationship there? I mean you were last reported to be with Elizabeth Taylore.' And his reply was simple, 'She's someone very special to me. I can't confirm anything yet, but ask me again next time. But yeah, Elizabeth and I are no longer together.'

The interview was dated to air in two weeks' time but recorded last Monday. He denied any rumours that I was the reason they broke up and that he isn't saying anything about our relationship now.

"Yea. It's been hectic. Sorry." His tone sounds distant and I start sobbing lightly. The call ends and he instantly video calls me, but I can't answer this time.

*Maybe this is for the best. I don't know how much longer I can pretend that this isn't affecting me. Maybe we could still be friends?* I hit send on the text screen and turn my phone off.

I'm instantly pulled under by my head swimming and the sound of my muffled sobs. It's only been two weeks since he left, but the routine we developed, feels like it has left a big gaping hole in my world and I don't know how to fill it. I miss him so much and he seems so distant, I don't know what else to do but I know that I don't want to think about it anymore.

When I wake Sunday morning with a heavy head and a splitting headache, the sound of Steph crashing around in the kitchen drags me out of bed.

"What the fuck Stephanie? What are you breaking so early?" I ask as I walk into the kitchen.

Steph is dressed and looks at the clock on the wall, my eyes follow to see that it's nearly 2 in the afternoon.

"What the hell?!" I look at my friend and she shrugs.

"I didn't want to wake you, so I went to get lunch. Are you okay?" she eyes me cautiously.

I slowly nod, trying not to upset my hangover any more than she already has. We eat after I shower and take a couple of painkillers. Around 5, Steph asks me where my phone is, I vaguely remember the calls and the texts from Luke last night.

"I don't know. I think it died somewhere in the room." I shrug, not really interested in the device.

She scrunches her nose, "Mike says Luke is losing his shit, he's been trying to reach you all day." Her wide eyes meet mine and I try my best not to appear affected.

"Oh." That is all I can manage.

I clear the dishes and slowly wash them by hand before tidying up a bit, ideally keeping myself busy. When Steph catches onto me, she pulls me into the room. Somewhere on the unmade bed, the device is looming like a dark cloud. When she finds it, I'm thankful that it won't power on and she looks for my charger while I make the bed and clean the room.

I make my way out to the lounge before throwing myself back onto the couch when Steph storms into the room, with a near growl.

"Luke is calling me, this is my Michael time and I'm not going to let you hide. You guys can fix this." She shoves her phone in my face and when I see his blue eyes on the screen, I feel myself go stupid.

"Hi," my voice sounds so small and I look up at Steph as she takes her mug to the kitchen.

"What the hell Victoria. I've been trying to get hold of you..." I cut him off.

"Doesn't feel good does it?" I can see his features harden, his lips press into a hard line and his eyes seem cold.

"Victoria, it wasn't on purpose. It's just been busy." His features soften when I say nothing, he sighs. "I know I should've called or texted, I was upset I guess and a bit busy." I hear Michael in the background shouting about Steph.

"Can I call you on your phone? Michael wants his back." I nod slowly.

I don't know what to say, he was upset, but about what? Then Steph's question comes to mind, 'he knows you and Jamie are just friends right?' When he calls me back, I'm confined to my room for the rest of the night.