Chapter Four

As we enter the signing room, Blake releases my arm and takes a seat patting the seat next to him for me to sit. I sit down and he leans close to whisper something in my ear.

"Smile, you did great," he rests his hand on my shoulder, "and you look great too." He grins then turns towards the line of fans slowly progressing towards us.

"Hi, you are like, really good at singing, um, can I get an autograph and a selfie with you?" a shy fan asks, nodding my head she hands me her phone. "Thanks a billion!" She is smiling as she walks to Reece who is sitting beside me.

"Told ya!" Blake winks at me.

I roll my eyes as a reply. "The fans just keep on coming, huh"

"It's like a never-ending line of people just waiting to get a picture and signature from some teens who just happen to be good at singing" Blake says while he signs the next fans picture. His writing is neat, swirly with a joyful feel to it. Just like him, always smiling and laughing. His hands look soft. I have to stop myself from reaching out to touch one of them. I smile at the fan standing in front of me and take their phone for a selfie.

After what seems like an eternity, we get to the last fan. "I now understand why you referred to the line as never-ending. But what I don't quite understand is why you seemed to be annoyed about the whole idea of people waiting in line." I say to Blake who is waiting for George to finish signing.

He gives a little chuckle. "I guess I get annoyed because we are people just like them, and they think of us so highly only because we can sing and play guitar. You can play the piano, and I'm nearly 100% positive that the majority of the people here could play some sort of instrument and if not then draw or something. We are humans, average teens that are musical and enjoy creating music. Not royalty, just people." By the end he is looking me in the eye with the most serious face I have ever seen on him. "Sorry, that was a bit dramatic." A grin pops on his face.

I laugh, "Not really, you were sincere, and you are passionate about it and kind of started ranting, which by the way is pretty much my favorite thing to do. And I understand, I always thought like that, everyone is human, nothing more, nothing less." I grin, standing up as George is finished signing.

"I'm glad, we can be ranting buddies." Blake stands too and follows me out of the room.