Broken

Author's Note: Sorry for the delay of the update. I try to update on Wednesdays but writing this week for me was difficult, just not really in a writing mood. :( I hope everyone is at least pleased with the chapter. My readers are still the best Reylos out there.

*inspired by 'Broken' by lovelytheband*

"Is something troubling you Princess? I mean.... General?" The golden protocol droid C3-PO asked of Leia Organa, the leader of the Resistance.

"It's nothing, Threepio." Leia lied to the droid.

"Very well." C3-PO said, bowing his mechanical head. The droid shuffled away and Leia hung her head, sighing.

She looked up at the swirling hologram of the galaxy that was projected above a circular table. The projection was dotted with planets and stars, accompanied by a neon orange trail traced across the wide birth of the map. A flashing red dot indicated the location of Luke Skywalker, her brother. Despite what the map said, he was not there.

She had sent her best pilot, a gentleman by the name of Poe Dameron, to the island of Ahch-To to retrieve Luke. But all scans for the last Jedi turned up empty. There was nothing but native life and the caretakers of the sacred island.

"Where are you Luke?" She whispered to the map, her sad brown eyes scanning the projection.

A tall figure approached her from behind.

"You were up early." The deep voice said to her. Leia hung her head again before turning around to speak to her husband.

"I felt him." Leia told Han, glancing up at his tired face before turning back to the map.

"Luke? Have you found where he is?"

"No Han...." Leia said, shaking her head. "Ben."

Han stiffened at the mention of the name.

"That's not possible Leia." Han said, shaking his head as well. She turned again to face him.

"I know what I felt." Leia said firmly to Han. His face fell into a deep frown.

"There's too much Vader in him." Han said to her, just as firmly.

"This was different!" Leia said in a hushed tone. "He was... ecstatic."

Han snorted.

"Probably murdered another village." Han muttered.

"Han!" Leia scolded. Han rolled his eyes in response. Leia began to pace around the table.

"Usually his Force signature is very faint."

Han made a face.

"You know I still don't understand that crap."

Leia shot her husband a look from across the projection. He gave her an unapologetic shrug.

"I'm just saying...." He told her.

"If he's greatly upset, sometimes..... Sometimes I can feel it.... But this.... This was completely different...."

"Maybe the First Order found Luke." Han offered his wife a half hearted suggestion for the phenomenon she swore she had experienced.

"No..." Leia shook her head again. "They would have announced it to the whole galaxy by now if that was the case."

She pursed her lips as she stared out at the blue hologram, her husband trying to pretend that he wasn't worried as he gazed back at her from across the table.

"Han...." Leia said slowly. Her eyebrows furrowed a little bit. "Do you think it's a girl?"

Han sputtered.