You Have Me

Author's Note: Part 2 of 3 of the triple threat update! Happy reading ya'll! ♡

*artwork used does not belong to me*

Anger, disappointment, and frustration flashed through Kylo's deep brown eyes.

"Fled? To the Resistance?" Rey asked. Kylo shook his head.

"He was here. Until very recently. I can sense it." He said as he looked around the island before stalking off to a nearby ridge. Rey gently touched the rock that Kylo had abandoned, an almost electric surge seeping from the rock into her fingertips.

"Is it possible your Father still has the droid?" She asked him.

"No." Kylo replied, annoyed. "I know she has it."

"Who is 'she'?"

"My mother."

Rey trailed him over the rocky landscape. A trio of fuzzy white and brown creatures were startled from their nearby nest, flapping wildly across her path.

"What are those?"

"Don't know. Don't care." Kylo said.

"They're cute." Rey said as she looked back at the creatures as they soared to the opposite side of the ridge.

Kylo descended down another set of rock steps, the tops of rounded stone huts jutting out from the sides of the island.

Rey jumped as a hooded creature retreated from a hut, brandishing a fishing knife and chattering away at them.

"WHERE IS HE?" Kylo yelled at the creature, unhooking his saber from his belt. The creature continued babbling, gesturing with the knife to a specific hut to which Kylo now stormed towards. He kicked open the old metal door to the hut, dust swirling through the light that streamed in from three small rectangular windows.

An empty straw cot was placed in one corner, a rocking chair made with large bones and driftwood in the other. A variety of jars lining a small nook next to a wooden desk.

Kylo gripped his saber angrily.

"Coward!" Kylo yelled into the hut. He ignited his saber and raised his arm, readying to slash the wooden desk when Rey stepped forward and placed a hand on his forearm.

"Master... Please..." She whispered. She felt Kylo tense under her touch and he lowered his saber momentarily before finally deciding on deactivating it. Kylo shrugged off her touch and exited the hut in a huff.

Hux and several troopers had descended on the village. More of the curiously hooded creatures began appearing from their huts.

"Well? Where is he?" Hux demanded of Kylo.

"He has fled."

"The Resistance has him?" Hux asked, disappointment filling his face.

"No. He sensed I was coming. So he fled."

"Well then. I believe a trip to Starkiller Base is in order." Hux announced. He looked around, frowning at the native creatures with disdain.

"Kill them." Hux ordered.

"NO!" Rey shouted. Hux looked at her with shock.

"You do not tell me what to do!" He shouted.

"This is a sacred island! They've done nothing wrong!" Rey defended.

Hux pursed his lips.

"I said 'kill them'." He repeated before his face quickly became purple and he began gasping for air.