The Island

Author's Note: BEHOLD! The triple threat! Three updates back to back to back - just for my loyal readers! Thanks for bearing with me the last few days! I worked really hard on getting these chapters complete. Away we go!

*picture used does not belong to me*

An alarm went off in his head.

His hands raised and gently gripped onto her wrists and peeled her hands off his face as he leaned back. He stood up from the medical chair and pushed past her, ignoring the look of shock on her face. He strode towards the door.

"Lessons are dismissed for the remainder of the day." He said as he ran a hand through his hair. The door sensors activated and slid open, preparing for his exit.

"Ye... Yes Master Ren." She stuttered. A cloud of embarrassment and shame hung over her. She quickly exited through the open door past him, unable to look at him.

When he was sure she was far enough away, he sighed and pressed his forehead against the cool metal of the wall of the medical ward.

GODS! She had been about to kiss him! And what had he done? He had pushed her away.

His hand coiled into a fist and he banged it against the wall, causing a dent. How could Snoke do this to him? Was this apprenticeship Kylo's own personal trial? A test of his training? Pairing him with Rey despite his growing affections for her?

He knew Snoke saw everything. When Kylo first brought Rey to him and he had searched her mind, he knew he had to have seen where she came from and how they had met. Snoke also knew Rey was fond of him, bringing up this fact not once, but twice now. And yet he had still made her his apprentice.

Snoke had also humiliated Kylo today by announcing aloud his thoughts on her appearance. It was hard not to notice how pretty she was. The fine clothes that had been provided to her accentuated her good looks. She had begun to gain womanly curves to her once delicate frame. The tan from her days in the sun slowly fading, prominently revealing the dusting of freckles she had across her nose and cheeks. Still, he saw her as the beautiful slave from Jakku dressed in sun-bleached linens.

His anger boiled higher as he now became frustrated with himself for rejecting her. This was the first time someone outside his family had shown affection towards him. And even then, affection from his family had been lacking. Why else would they have sent him away to train with his Uncle? He knew his parents were afraid of his power, afraid of the various similarities he shared with his Grandfather. Rey on the other hand, showed little fear over his power.

He angrily grunted, his stitches pinching as his face contorted into a yell. He unhooked his saber from his belt and lashed out on the medical cart and tray, slicing through the metal in a fury. To hell with the Jedi and their code. He was falling for her and he ruined what could possibly have been his only chance with her. All for the sake Snoke and his training.

ooooo

Phasma silently cursed Kylo Ren.

Rey had arrived at her suite that afternoon. The brunette, a blubbering mess, had flung herself across the pink sheets of Phasma's bed. Phasma sighed and went to the kitchen and plucked two cartons of frosty treat from the ice box. She grabbed spoons from a drawer before walking over and sitting on the edge of the bed.

"What happened?" Phasma asked calmly. Rey sat up and sniffed, rubbing her wrists across her tear stained eyes.

"What's this?" She asked as Phasma extended a carton and spoon to her.