Unforgettable

Author's Note: Only one chapter this time, still having a hard time kicking the illness that had me down last week. I'm curious - anyone have any questions so far on the story? Happy reading my friends! ♡

*briefly inspired by 'Unforgettable' by French Montana*

The men slowly ate their meals while they talked business.

"Scanning the sands for hours is getting us nowhere." Kylo said deeply since his mask was removed.

"It found us the crashed fighter." Canady pointed out. Kylo gave Canady a fierce glare from underneath his hood.

"We need to try a new approach." Kylo continued. "We need to search the villages next."

"What good will that do?" Hux sneered.

"We're looking for the Stormtrooper traitor now. He could be hiding in one of the towns."

"The desert has probably claimed him by now." Canady replied.

"Interrogate the villagers. They'll have noticed if someone new is hanging around. If things have gone missing. Food. Clothing. Weapons."

"And the droid?" Hux asked.

"See if we can't pay some of the local scavengers to seek it out. They know the area better than any of us. Plus, it saves us from having to dig in the sand ourselves."

Hux nodded in agreement as he chewed his food.

"Good thinking Ren. Let the poor bastards do the dirty work for us. I like it."

Kylo finished his meal and quickly downed the rest of his drink before placing his mask back on his face, letting the hood fall back as the mask clicked into place.

Hux raised his arm and waved to the bartender. Kylo glanced at Hux's glass of wine. It was only half empty. He must have planned on indulging himself tonight if he was already requesting a refill.

When the girl didn't show up, Kylo began to suspect something was off.

"Where is the server?" Kylo asked Hux. Hux smirked as he dabbed at his lips with a napkin.

"That reminds me." Hux said. "I've arranged a little surprise for you." Hux said, standing up and pulling Kylo with him.

"What is the meaning of this?" Kylo asked, as Hux lightly shoved Kylo out of the booth.

"Since you seemed to enjoy her so much the other night, I took the liberty of speaking to the bar owner."

"You didn't." Kylo hissed, trying not to cause a scene.

Unleashing his anger aboard one of the First Order starships was one thing. There were multiple factions underneath him who would be forced to clean up his messes and no one would dare berate him for them. Here on the other hand, an outburst would not bode well - despite their involvement with the First Order. His blood was being to boil. His hand clenched into a fist.

"Come now, Ren. I promise Supreme Leader Snoke won't find out." Hux said as he tugged on Kylo's sleeve, pushing him down the hall past the refreshers towards a doorway covered with two thick curtains instead of doors.

"You unhand me this instant!" Kylo demanded under his mask. How dare the General go behind his back and arrange this!

"A good time never hurt anybody...." Hux sneered, issuing a low chuckle as he pushed Kylo into the curtains.

Kylo stumbled through the curtains, the fabric whipping up a slight cloud of dust.

"HUX!" Kylo shouted from under his mask. He made to swiftly exit when the startled figure of the server emitted a squeak of surprise at his unceremonious entrance from the corner of the room.