Patience

Author's Note: Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there - including me, haha! A little bit of a filler chapter, but I wanted to get at least one update out this weekend. I'll have more for ya'll later this week!

*artwork used does not belong to me*

Her kisses slowed and she finally parted from his lips, her cheeks flushed pink.

It had been his first kiss, and he suspected hers as well. He looked down into her eyes, a warmth of compassion exuding from his gaze to hers. Her eyes almost glittered with admiration. He swallowed deeply. Her hands rested on his broad shoulders, his hands drifting from her face to down at his side.

"So what now?" She asked him softly, batting those long lashes of hers at him as she withdrew her hands from his shoulders.

"I will see you in the morning for your lessons." He said in a no-nonsense tone.

Rey bit her lip, still very much pink in the face. His mouth upturned at the corner in an amused smirk.

"Do not be late." He said.

She turned and walked to the door, Kylo following close behind. He activated the door for her and she turned back to him after she passed into the hallway.

"Goodnight." She said to him.

"Goodnight." He replied, his half smile still plastered on his face.

The door shut behind her. He quickly leaned his forehead against the door. His lips twitched as his face broke out into a rare smile. He gently touched his lips, the sensation of her kisses still lingering. He never knew he could feel this.... Happy? If this was what it was like to be truly happy, he cursed himself for obeying orders for so long. He felt a surge of power flow through him. Like he could accomplish anything. She brought out a side of him he thought long destroyed. Destroyed by the family that threw him away. With her he felt a sense of belonging, a sense of worth. Whatever he had done to deserve the way she looked at him tonight, he had no idea. His brutal past behind him, he would do whatever it took to keep her by his side.

ooooo

Far away on the far reaches of the Outer Rim, a woman with graying hair woke up in the night with a start. She held a hand up to her heart, breathing heavy, with eyebrows furrowing in the dark. She looked around the room. Her spouse in a deep sleep beside her, having been completely unaffected by her awakening.

Something had happened. Someone, somewhere, was suddenly very overcome with emotion. A pleasant emotion at that. She gasped to herself, her hand raising from her heart to her mouth. A spark of hope flooded through her, a single tear falling from her eye. She felt the light. The light she knew had been there all along.

ooooo

Rey ran back down the hall and to her room. Once inside, she flung herself onto her bed in a fit of adrenaline and giggles.

She had kissed him! Her Master!

This feeling inside her was intense. It was joyful! There was a thrill of it all. She was in uncharted territory. Falling for her Master was scandalous in itself, but everything about what had just transpired just felt so right! She couldn't care less if Snoke found out. Let him find out! She almost dared it to happen. She knew there had been something more to their initial connection besides the Force. She smiled to herself, smug about this fact. He reciprocated her feelings! She pulled her sheets up to her chin and she smiled widely into her pillows, the fear of sleep having been washed away moments ago. She soon fell asleep, dreaming of how the lessons the following day would play out.

In the morning she waited outside of Kylo's room as usual, rocking back and forth on her feet excitedly. She hadn't been waiting more than a few minutes when the door raised and Kylo stepped out. His hair was neatly brushed and his jacket immaculately pressed.